Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Nik Wins NPP #9 Boother Classic

Seven players started this epic battle that lasted over two hours. Lots of twists and turns and lead changes.

DavetheDog (Fourputt)took out his first victim with AKs when a short-stacked Cigar4John (7th) made the move with AQs. A K on the turn sealed the humidor.

I (Nik) got my 1st pair of AA (of three of the night) and got the action required as the tournament name holder Boother (6th) ran into them with QQ. Ouch!

DavetheDog took out his second player of the night when his 99 held up against a short-stacked Matchy's (5th) AQ - giving the Dog the chip lead.

I took the chip lead from Dog when his AQ {with a Q on the flop} ran into my second AA of the night. That left the Dog yelping.

But there was still fight in the Dog as he regained a bunch of chips when his all-in with K3 [and a K on the flop] took some ammo from Sev4Sev (7Forty7) and his 77.

Soon after however, Beerhog sent the Dog to the pound when his QQ beat the Dog's (4th) AQs. Beerhog had a nice chip lead at this point.

Sev4Sev got back in the hunt when he won a decisive hand from Beerhog. He picked up even more with the 'bad beat' of the night when his 44 spiked a 4 on the river to beat Beerhog's JJ.

Beerhog got crippled soon after when his 99 ran into my (Nik) QQ. Not a nice run of luck for the Beerhog.

I (Nik) ended Beerhog's misery (3rd) when his now short-stacked JT could not beat my KJ when I made the tough call.

Heads up now, 747 outplayed me and took the chip lead by a good margin. Here is where I got a stunning run of cards on the board.

My desparation allin with 64s hit a straight with a card on the river to beat 747's 99. I get a huge chip lead when my al-in little 22 wins the coin flip against A9s.

The luck factor turns for a moment as 747 holds on by winning pots as a big dog with 84 and K9 - cutting my lead to a little more than 2 to 1.

I close it out when my K6 spikes a KJ8 on the flop and 747 (2nd) has to call when his 94s gets two of his suit in there also. The flush draw doesn't get there and the long battle is over.

1st = Nik Faldo
2nd = Sev4Sev
3rd = Beerhog
4th = DavetheDog
5th = Matchy
6th = Boother
7th = Cigar4John

Reminder: Same time next Tuesday and the BIG game is on the horizon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

!@#$%^&*

Anonymous said...

What Fourputt? Spill your nail polish

Herbavor

Nik Faldo said...

What happened, Hog? Wasn't from our tourney and those beggars was it?

Want me to write them and put in a word?

Well, I see you join the list of other satisfied customers thrilled with the turn and river cards on PS.

Herbavor says he has retired from Poker Starts Bingo - refusing to show up just to kick our butts every Tuesday.

Nik Faldo said...

Just to be fair in our rant against PS, I was in a toureny on Ultimate Bet last night.

Lost with KK, JJ, QQ and Q9 suited when short stacked, THE FIRST FOUR HANDS OF THE TOURNEY!!!!

Did they want me out of there or what?

Anonymous said...

PS was monitoring and saw that beerhog was mean to me and took the chat away for a little while as a "warning".