Friday, December 29, 2006

Nik Finishes 4th in Jungle Poker Tourney

I made it to the final table as a slight chip leader in a 446 player tourney. I slow played KK to get a smaller stack to commit with A9 suited. The flop had ALL his suit.

This dropped me to 3rd in chips and some heavy action by others had 6 more out before I knew it and me now in 4th of four.

I raise 5 times the BB with 99 and get called in two spots! Ouch. Well, I put the medium stack on TT or JJ and the bigger one on AK.

The flop Q93 rainbow. I got to go all in and they BOTH call! The Med stack has JJ and the Big stack called with JT suited. An eight on the river and I am slammed into 4th.

This qualifies me for a big freeroll on Saturday. I'll let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did Saturday go?

Nik Faldo said...

The tourney never happened F! I was on line and ready to go as I could not find the tournament or my name anywhere.
I wrote an email to the site and have not got a response yet.
Obviously this does not bode well for the site. I will keep everyone informed. This delays my 2007 site listings as the Jungle may be heading for a clearing out.