Saturday, December 23, 2006

Nik Finishes 10th in an Ultimate Bet Tourney

I got into this tourney as an alternate, as UB allows entries until the first break after the start of the tourney. A total of 356 players entered by that breaktime.

There was a guy at my first table that stated after 15 minutes that he had unexpected visitors and had to go. He proceeded to go all in 27 straight times. He did not get called on 15 hands and busted 15 players in the same run. He won with hands like K3, 86, 73 and Q9.

I doubled up against him with KK against his 86, but with a scare. The flop was 75Q, but I held on. He easily had the chip lead when our table busted up. But I luckily got a few of the gift chips before he bled them off at another table.

As I have said before, you have to get lucky sometimes in big tourneys to make final tables. My all in bluff with QJ unsuited beat KK with a flop of 987 and a ten on the river.

I also won an all in with QQ against AK after a K came on the flop but a Q came on the turn.

I made the final table in 10th place out of 10. I went all in with KT of hearts and was called by A9 of hearts after a flop of KT3 and two hearts. Yep, I made my flush to knock myself out. Netted four times the entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Nik!

Hope there is room on your mantle for the NPP 2006 Player of the Year trophey.