Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ThePunk75 Wins a Live Private League Pot Limit Omaha Tourney!

Take it away Punk:

“This past Saturday night I had perhaps the perfect night of poker. The cards were flowing my way all night and it was amazing.

I have a league that I am a semi-regular member of. By semi-regular I mean if someone cant make it I get a seat. After this past event I'm thinking I won't be invited back LOL. Its normally a two table tournament and this month they hosted a Pot limit Omaha tournament. The one rebuy was allowed until the first break.

On to some action.

I got a quick double up with KKAx (2 spades) I raised pot preflop with 3 callers. Flop comes QJx(2 spades). First to act I check, one player bets the pot, 1 caller. I check raise pot(Im all in). The original better calls others fold. He turns over 99XX.

Of course the 9 hits the turn to give him the lead, and I'm probably going out first. But the third spade hit the river to give me the nut flush. That was a sign of things to come.

At my table there was 5 re-buys, and I was the direct cause of 3, another was crippled by my flopped straight. One player I got out twice after he did his rebuy when he flopped bottom set and flopped middle set.

Another major double up and one of the re-buys went like this: I held 8895(9,5 is of clubs) and limped in in the small blind with 4 players in(including the BB) flop comes A8x(2 clubs). I check, BB bets pot, one caller, I re-raise pot, and the BB re-raises pot the other player folds. I call.

At this point I know BB had AA, set over set action again BUT I have two clubs and he has none. I say well I need a club then and it hits the turn. At this point I have a monster chip lead over everyone.

After the break I didn't slow down, I hit a minor bump in the road when I flopped straight. I checked got a player to bet out then my of course check raise pot. All the chips got in the pot and we both held the same hand until he made a bigger straight on turn. It was just a small dent in my enormous chip stack, which I made up two hands later.

I flopped a set of 6's and turned quads and got paid off on. When I turned over my hand and said quads, there was a wave of "figures" and “of courses" across the table.

When we got the final table I had a 2-1 chip lead over the next guy. I scored a double KO of the first two players. Two players limped in another raised pot and was all in action to me in SB with AQ10x, I asked for a count of the limpers stack. I just call the all-in, and one of the limpers does also.

Flop comes KJ9. I check, other player bets pot I re-raise putting him all in. He calls. He has two pair, with KJxx, original all in player has AAxx. The turn and river are blanks and my flopped straight holds.

The next KO happened when I was the cutoff with KQJx, I limp in, button calls and the flop comes AJ7(2 diamonds). I check, button bets out 10k, all folds to me and I call. The turn is a Q, I check, button bets pot. I think for awhile on this one (I know I'm probably behind but I have the chips to call). I re-raise pot to put him all in.

He flips over A7xx two pair and he has a flush draw with 2 diamonds. One of the other players say I can only win with a non-diamond ten (but in my head I know I have the Q's and J's also for the full house). The 10 of clubs hits the river for my straight and some expletives from the other player. Unbelievable!

My next victim wasn't happy either when the board came Q1010 (2 clubs) I held a Q with 72 of clubs, I called a non pot bet on flop. A blank (for me) hit the turn, and the other player bet all in on turn. I sat there for a minute. I nearly folded, then called. and the club hit the river. Literally I can't lose.

The top four were in the money. The player in fifth was the only player I didn't KO. The fourth place finisher went out against me when I raised pot preflop with AQJ10, he re-raise all in with JJ108. The flop came all hearts and my QJ were of hearts.

Three handed play lasted quite a long time (TWSS). In BB, I faced a pot raise from SB. I held KKA2, I re-raise pot. My raise puts him all-in, and he was 2nd in chips to me so this was quite a decision for him.

He calls and shows 9986 or something like that. He was double suited but my A2 were the same as his so he was drawing extremely thin. Ironically a two hit the flop and turn and made me trips for the winner.

Heads up play lasted about 4 hands. I raised pot with QJ107, he reraised all in. Again had to think about this call, the last thing I wanted to do was to double him up, but the raise wasn't much more so I called and hoped for the best. He turns over Q1086. I flopped a 7 and amazingly that held up.”

ThePunk75

A hot night, but some fine playing also Punk. Congratulations. - Faldo

No comments: