Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Faldo Wins His 3rd NPP Tilt of the Season

I took full advantage as the 3rd quarter leader – xxxKdogxxx - was missing in action. Also missing was Derf-63, who showed up later to explain his meetings ran late. I hate when that happens.

It was the tale of two tourneys for me. I was hot early and late. In between - totally card dead. My cards were so bad for about a 45 minute stretch in the middle of the tourney, all I could do with the chip lead, was watch it dwindle, and me fall to 4th of 6. I really got nothing, and would have flopped even less.

The one flop I did hit with a folded (95), I would have tripped my fives and lost to a flush. So patience was rewarded.

On to the action:

17 min: T3chlady (14th) has (Ad Qd) and hits the flop with [Q6T]. LittleRedElf makes the call with (KT) and hits both the turn and the river [KT]. Ouch!

19 min: Absea98 (13th) has his (KT) hit the flop of [47K], but Theedouble*d is holding (AA).

24 min: Mistermusic5 (12th) I missed it as I was playing the next hand shown.
25 min: K9isadog (11th) calls all-in with (QQ) and a flop of [J89], but Mikeniks-Faldo is holding (JJ). K9 thought maybe I “slow-rolled” raised him here be, but I was thinking that (QT) was a real possibility in his mitt.

K9 has his seat already and his opening range can open up a lot more than the rest of us without a seat. ThePunk75 and Suetman1 were doing just fine with chips. This was on my mind. I did not want to miss the final table.

But in the end, I shoved, he called – and I dodged the [T].

27 min: Douge2 (10th) sees his (QQ) run into Mikeniks-Faldo’s (AA). For a long, long while, I am card ‘coyote ugly’ dead.

45 min: Tomservo2 (9th) with (QJ) and a flop with a [J] has to move it in. Only to find that Funtoon is holding (AA).

49 min: Pre01 (8th) Sorry folks. I was so into my game trying to figure out how to turn manure cards into a few blind saves – that I missed these two hands of Pre01 and the Cub.

54 min: Tigercub8189 (7th)

1st break:
Theedouble*d 5180
Funtoon 4925
Mikeniks-Faldo 4037
Suetman1 2623
ThePunk75 2545
LittleRedElf 1690

69 min: Suetman1 (6th) (66) gets double-teamed by LittleRedElf with (AK) and Mikeniks-Faldo’s (AJ). A [K] on the flop wins it for the Elf.

73 min: Funtoon (5th) raises with (A3) from the button and Faldo floats him with (99) from the small blind, worried about what Theedouble*d will do from the big blind. But he only calls. Faldo not happy with himself.

But, the flop comes [9AQ]. Bingo for Faldo. Funtoon has to get all-in and he doesn’t catch up. Now the Final Four battle on for a while.

93 min: A short-stacked (SS) LittleRedElf (4th) has to try with (Ad 4d) but runs into Mikeniks-Faldo’s (QQ).

103 min: A SS ThePunk75 (3rd) moves in with (JJ), and chip leader Mikeniks-Faldo correctly calls with (A3) and hits an [A] on the flop.

Heads up: Mikeniks-Faldo 16900 - 4100 Theedouble*d

105 min: Mikeniks-Faldo 18030 - 2970 Theedouble*d

107 min: Theedouble*d (2nd) has to go with (A7) but Mikeniks-Faldo has (AT).

Its going to be an exciting finish to the 3rd quarter!!!

1st – Mikeniks-Faldo – 24 points
2nd – Theedouble*d – 19 points
3rd – ThePunk75 – 15 pts
4th – LittleRedElf – 12 pts
5th – Funtoon – 9 pts
6th – Suetman1 – 7 pts
7th – Tigercub8180 – 5 pts
8th – Pre01 – 4 pts
9th – Tomservo2 – 3 pts

Every one else earned one (1) point. Standings are on the right side of the blog.

No comments: