Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Poker’s Been Good to Me So Far

Have never played the Rio, but tried to twice.
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice.

Play in hotel rooms. Swear at the walls.
I have an expense report to pay for it all.

They say I'm crazy but I have a good time.
(Yes I do)
Just looking for clues at the scene of the crime.
Poker's been good to me so far.

My PokerStars account’s up to nine-eighty-two.
Have lost my temper, but learned not to say boo.

I turn off the chat, hide in the back.
Jump from site to site in case I'm tracked.

I make blog posts, my fans they can't wait.
They write me letters, tell me I'm great. Well,

I got me an office, sometimes there all night.
Just send an e-mail, maybe I'll write.

Lucky I'm still sane after all I've been through.
(Everybody say “Faldo’s cool”)
“Faldo's cool!”

I can't complain, sometimes I still do.
Poker's been good to me so far.

I go to poker games, sometimes until four.
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door.

It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
Everybody's so different, I haven't changed.

Wife says I'm lazy, but golf and poker takes all my time.
(Everybody say “Oh, yeah.”)
“Oh, yeah!”

I keep on going. Guess I'll never know why.
Poker's been good to me so far. - end

Ok, I’ll be honest. I had a tiny little bit of help from Joe Walsh on this one. - NF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzxF-M2erx8&feature=related

No comments: