Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Beerhog Wins NPP #9

Nine of us got in from the 6th big winter storm to hit this area - caused of course by Global Warming. Nahanni just missed making it, Bronco did miss it and Tigercub was late due to shoveling …rain. (Can’t have snow on an overheated planet can you?)
Anyway, on to the action:

32 min: Matchy (9th), still trying to shake off the flu bug, gave it a shot tonight. Short-stacked, he goes all-in with (AT) and gets called by both Beerhog and Rownder! That’s trouble whether you are well or sick. Beerhog has (JJ) and Matchy is out and Rownder ‘s (55) cost him a lot of chips. Way to tough it out there Matchy.

36 min: Sev4TSev goes out in (8th) and I missed the hand. Sorry guys. Had to scold the wife. My beer was 14 seconds late on delivery. Can't have that.

48 min: A short-stacked Rownder (7th) goes all-in with (A8) and gets called by Mikeniks-Faldo (99) and a short-stacked McGuiness (KT). Kings and Tens arrive on the board eliminating Rownder.

55 min: McGuiness (6th) is forced to make a stand with (AT) and is called by Beerhog with (Q2). A [2] on the turn and it’s over for Mc.

Break:
Beerhog 5500
Boother 3000
Tigercub 2500
Aqualung 1600
MikeniksFaldo 900

75 min: I (Mikeniks-Faldo) have been set upon by Beerhog this night. So what else is new? He busted me at BWW with J4 for crying out loud. Tonight, I escaped early death by folding so his {AA} didn’t kill me and then checking down my full house to his higher full house. But as low stack, I had to make moves. As the big stack – and with the current mojo over me – Beerhog had to stay attacking my chips.

I (5th) go all-in with middle pair and an open ended straight draw holding (87) and a flop of [9c7s6s]. Beerhog calls with (Ts 2s). I hit a nice [Th] on the turn for my straight, but an ugly spade lands on the river. Not only does Poker Stars kill me – but it has to twist the knife.

Does the same computer deal for both BWW and Poker Stars – with Beerhog paying both of them? I’m just sayin’.

81 min: Hand of the night. Beerhog and Aqualung call the blinds and Boother checks. Tigercub checks his shorts and wonders. “What the heck am I doing at a table with these sharks?” Good question. I was thinking about that about my own darn self.

The flop comes [9h Jd 6d]. Boother throws out a standard bet and gets called by the Beerhog. Aqualung submerges and gets out of the way.

The turn is [5h]. This gets a bet from Boother (Jc 2c), and all-in by Beerhog (Js 9s) and a call by Boother (4th) – who is drawing dead.

90 min: Tigercub (3rd) decided to make a stand with (AK) on a flop of [4Q6]. Must have figured Beerhog whiffed. He didn’t as he had (Q2) and hit a [2] on the turn for good measure.

Beerhog holds a 3.5 to one chip lead going into heads up play.

94 min: Aqualung (2nd) and Beerhog call the blinds. The flop is [8d 8c 9d]. A routine bet and call follow and the turn is [5h]. Aqualung bets big. Beerhog raises big. Aqualung (7d 3d) moves all-in with the flush draw and Beerhog (76) calls with the made straight. No diamond and Beerhog wins for the second time this year!

He led wire to wire. Nice job Beerhog!

1st – Beerhog 26 pts
2nd – Aqualung 34 pts
3rd – Tigercub 13 pts
4th – Boother 10 pts
5th – Mikeniks-Faldo 36 pts
6th – McGuiness 18 pts
7th – Rownder 18 pts
8th – Sev4TSev 29 pts
9th – Matchy 20 pts
Duder 16 pts
Nahanni 12 pts
ArticBlast 2 pts

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you guys see the new ad for the PENTHOUSE CLUB on 8 mile in Detroit...its in the sports page....wonder if she plays poker....


AQUA

Nik Faldo said...

I don't go to places where women are merely sex objects. I respect women at all times.

Besides, I am happily married.

Anonymous said...

mine and mikes nephew heading to the quarterfinals......


http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080306/SPORTS02/803060351/1021/PREPSPORTS



AQUA