Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rownder Wins NPP #12 – New Quarter Starts Next Week!

Rownder should have maybe saved this win for next week. Of course, the way he plays there will be plenty more where this one came from.

Another new player, Passen, joined us tonight! Welcome. As you will see, he held his own against the 12 NPP sharks that joined him for the action.

On a side note, this was the last game for the 1st quarter, and of the starters me (Mikeniks – Faldo), Aqualung, Sev4TSev and Matchy all had seats on the line for the Championship in December.

9 min: Sev4TSev went all-in with (AA) on a harmless looking flop of [367] but ran into Aquariums’ (33). This crippled the Airplane.

21 min: Sev4TSev (13th) finally had to make a move with (AJ) but ran into Rownder’s (AK), and 747 will have to wait until next quarter to secure a seat.

26 min: Boother gets crippled when his (AQ) runs into Rownder’s (QQ).

30 min: We get four callers to this pot and a flop of [K47]. Boother (12th) bets and only Duder calls. The turn is an [8]. The short-stacked Boother moves all-in with (Kh 2h) and is called by Duder with (Kd Td), and no help comes for last week’s champ.

47 min: Four of us see a flop of [4A9]. It’s check around to a turn of a [T]. Duder (11th) bets and Rownder calls. The river is a [K]. Duder bets, Rownder raises with (QJ) and the straight . Duder calls with (94) for the two pair - and is gone.

54 min: ArticBlast (10th) goes all-in with (KQ) and runs into Aquarium’s (A4) and gets no help.

58 min: That started a flurry as Passen (AT), Tigercub(9th)(A2) and Aquarium (T7) get all-in. Only Tigercub is a casualty as Passen’s straight wins the main pot and Aquarium gets the side pot with two-pair.

59 min: A short-stacked Matchy (8th) goes all-in with (JT) and runs into Biglou’s (AQ).

Break:
Aquarium 6412
Rownder 2770
Biglou 2470
Aqualung 2335
Mikeniks 2260
McGuiness-SpoonyG 1755
Passen 1472

An interesting twist here. If Mikeniks finishes ahead of Aqualung, they both get a seat. If Aqualung overtakes me by finishing 1st and I don’t finish 4th, only he gets a seat.

70 min: Knowing this, I push a mediocre hand out of position and give a ton of chips to Passen early. “Bad judgment!” Only years on a psychiatrist’s couch would figure out why I did that. Now I am the short stack. All I can say to myself is, ‘nice going donkey.’

77 min: A short-stacked McGuiness-SpoonyG (7th) goes all-in with (77) and gets called by Aquarium with (KQ). A [K] on the river and the big stack got bigger.

78 min: A short-stacked Biglou (6th) makes his move with (66) and runs into Aqualung’s (AA). Biglou misses his first NPP point on the bubble.

I will soon meet a similar fate, but for now, this pump up of chips for Aqualung is a concern to me. I need to get to 4th somehow. But as the short stack, it don’t look good so much.

91 min: I have not improved that much but Aqualung has sunk down a little closer to me. Aqualung (5th) goes all-in with (QJ) and a flop of [9KJ]. Passen calls with [AK] and a bigger stack.

And when a [K] hits the turn, I got my seat in the NPP Final – along with Aqualung.

97 min: I want your guy’s comment on this hand! I am the short stack and get (JJ) in the big blind.

Aquarium raises a standard raise. What do I do now? He could have three hands that beat me or he could hold a host of hands that a flop will kill me.

I have seven big blinds left in chips. I decided before Aquarium bet that I (4th) was going all-in to any heat. Aquarium raises a standard raise and I go all-in. Was it the right play?

Aquarium calls me with (AA) and I am money bubble boy again! Was I just cold decked there and had no choice? Or not?

117 min: Passen (3rd) goes all-in with a flop of [594] and Aquarium calls with (76). A [7] falls on the flop and we are two-handed. Nice job Passen, cashing in your first game. That is a rarity with this group of players to wade thru.

Break 2:
Aquarium 12600
Rownder 6900

126 min: It takes Rownder 6 minutes to even the stacks.

129 min: Rownder raises and gets called and the flop is [7AT]. Aquarium (2nd) goes all-in with a semi-bluff with (J8). Rownder calls with an inside straight draw of his own with (KQ). When neither straight gets there, the {K} plays and Rownder wins it.

Question: Did Spitzer's room service show up at both your houses or something? That was an awfully quick finish.

Not that there is anything wrong with that - contrary to any woman's opinion.

1st – Rownder 31 pts
2nd – Aquarium 7 pts
3rd – Passen 5 pts
4th – Mikeniks-Faldo 46 pts (seat)
5th – Aqualung 36 pts (seat)
6th – Biglou 0 pts
7th – McGuiness 18 pts
8th – Matchy 30 pts
9th – Tigercub 13 pts
10th – ArcticBlast 12 pts
11th – Duder 16 pts
12th – Boother 20 pts
13th – Sev4TSev 34 pts
Beerhog 26 pts
Nahanni 13 pts

Congratulations to Rownder for yet another NPP victory.
Congratulations to Aqualung for a seat in the finals!

Remember the point counts are back to zero for the next quarter.

Although grand totals will be kept as the highest point getter without winning a quarter also wins a seat!

So a minimum of four seats are still available in the final. Good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the last few tourneys, it looks like you don't want to be chip leader at the breaks.....the lead doesn't hold up!! So with that said, I will continue to work on NOT being the chip leader, except at the end of heads up!!!

Boother