Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Boother Returns to the Winner’s Circle in NPP #11

Get the big tourney and the big money out there and the cream rises to the top. Dormant so far this year, Boother explodes to the victory against the biggest field this league has seen.

Thanks to the four new players - Aquariumco, Biglou93, KButterboy and Rennzzo, we set a record for starters with sixteen!

If this continues, points for Round 2 are going to be hard to come by. Anyway, welcome guys and get your email addresses to me at npokerp at yahoo dot com, so I have them in case I have to change the password.

On to the action!

28 min: A short-stacked Aquariumco (16th) goes all-in with (KcJc) and gets called by another newcomer Rennzzo with (A9). They both hit a full house, but the A out kicks the J.

36 min: This tourney usually treats newcomers roughly and our first two players out were newcomers. Biglou93 (15th) has to make a move and does with (KJ) when a [K] hits the flop. He runs right into another newcomer’s (KK), held by KButterboy. Ouch.

44 min: Last week’s winner, ArcticBlast, raises and gets called by Bronco and McGuiness (14th). The flop comes [3 K 7] and it is checked around. An [J] comes on the turn and Arctic bets and McGuiness calls. Bronco folds. The river is an [8] and Arctic makes a good bet and Mc goes all-in with (AK). Arctic calls and wins with (KK).

52 min: Three players see the flop of [8 8 K]. A short-stacked Bronco (13th) goes all-in with (KQ), raising Arctic’s bet and getting KButterboy to fold. But Arctic calls with (Q8). No helps comes for Bronco.

55 min: A short-stacked Sev4TSev (12th) has to make a move all-in with (A6) and is called by Duder and his (KT). A [K] hits on the flop and no there is no safe landing for the airplane.

59 min: Short-stacked Beerhog (11th) goes all-in with (QT) and is called by Rownder with (KJ). Behind as it is, a [J] on the flop leaves only ladies available to save Beerhog. And we all know how good he is at attracting ladies. Bu-bye.

Break:
Sorry guy. I didn’t get the break totals off of the two tables. I was too busy throwing furniture and suitcases around the hotel room as I lost a heart break hand - and almost all my chips at my table - right before the break.

Also, I had to run downstairs and pick up my laptop. Somehow it fell out of the 2nd story window and I had to bring it back upstairs to continue playing. But I noticed the computer didn’t work quite right when I got back in the room. Why, I don’t know. Fickle computer I guess.

So I had to load PS on my work computer and by the time I got to the table the next round was starting.

72 min: ArcticBlast (10th) is eliminated by Duder’s full house. I didn’t get the hand as the table collapsed and I was in survival mode at what was now the final table.

81 min: Now for my tale of woe.

I’ve had nights of bad cards in these tourneys. I’ve been bad beat and run down. I’ve had bad timing for hands before. But never all at the same time!

I was pretty much card and flop dead tonight. When I did hit a hand, someone hit a better one. I saw three big pocket pairs all night (TT, KK and AA) and all of them in the big blind that was folded around to me.

Then I hit a miracle straight flush(!) and won - the magical amount of - one and a half blinds. This run of hands could be the new Webster definition of ‘not your night.’

A short-stacked Rennzzo (9th) and I {Mikeniks-Faldo}(8th) go all-in. Rennzzo has (J6s) and I have (AQs). Matchy calls us with (J9) and hits a flop with [J9]. A nice double kill by Matchy.

85 min: KButterboy and Tigercub (7th) check a flop of [J 3 9]. The turn is a [K] and KB bets. Tigercub goes all-in with (K7) and is called by KB with (QT) and the straight.

Now the tourney slows down as we are near the point bubble and getting close to the money bubble.

105 min: Duder (6th) goes all-in with (AK) and is called by Matchy with (TT) and Duder loses the coin toss.
107 min: The now short-stacked Aqualung (5th) moves in with (85s) and runs into KButter’s (AK). They both pair on the flop but there is no more moisture.
118 min: The now short-stacked Rownder (4th) moves in with (Q5s) and is called by the big stack, KButter with (94s). KButter melts away Rownder by hitting his flush.

2nd Break: Well, I pieced together the furniture, got one wheel and half a strap back on my luggage and got most of the letter keys back on my original computer. I couldn't figure out how to re-attach the screen, so I had time to get the chip totals.

Matchy 9500
KButter 8500
Boother 6000

134 min: The now short-stacked KButter (3rd), having run into the Boother buzz saw, goes all-in with (T9s). Matchy calls with (J5s) and hits a [J] on the flop. Great job by KButter – cashing in his first attempt against this group!

136 min: I didn’t think they would wait too long. Matchy (2nd) has (Q9) and runs into another (KK) for Boother and it’s over. Nice job Boother.

1st – Boother 20 pts
2nd – Matchy 30 pts
3rd – Kbutterboy 5 pts
4th – Rownder 21 pts
5th – Aqualung 35 pts
6th – Duder 16 pts
7th – Tigercub 13 pts
8th – Mikeniks(Faldo) 43 pts
9th – Rennzzo 0 pts
10th – ArcticBlast 12 pts
11th – Beerhog 26 pts
12th – Sev4TSev 34 pts
13th – Bronco76 0 pts
14th - McGuiness 18 pts
15th – Biglou93 0 pts
16th – Aquariumco 0 pts
Nahanni 13 pts

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niks, while you were piecing back together the furniture, luggage and computer, you missed the exciting part of the 3 way finish. I (boother36) was down to approximately 700 in chips with blinds at 300/600. My desperate stand was taken with a Q3 off suit, only to get 2 callers and two 3’s on the flop. Needless to say, I tripled up. The next hand, I check my 83 off suite in the big blind, only to see two 8’s on the flop. B-boy bets into me and I double up. That was the start to my rise to the chip lead and ultimately, the victory via pure luck!!!

Boother

Nik Faldo said...

I *ot the co,putwr al,ost back to*ether. It"s only ,issin* a few :wys.


Well you had your share of bad luck to only have 10 pts until the last one. Your timing for a comeback could not have been better.

Anonymous said...

good job boother. faldo, are you going to booth's game friday? i am going to come home tomorrow after all. i have put in 54 hrs. in the first 4 days and i have the pass for the weekend after 10 more hours tommorrow. and if i can get one more pass from the wife i am going to hit boothers for some cards.

beerhog

Nik Faldo said...

I'll be there with Tim (McGuiness) who is driving in from Cleveland.