Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ArcticBlast1 Wins NPP #10

Ten players made it to the table in spite of two regulars I knew would not make it; Aqualung and Tigercub.

10 min: We started on two tables and all the fireworks were on the other one! Sev4TSev, McGuiness (9th) and Boother (10th) went all-in, and the Airplane had the biggest full house.

Welcome to the final table.

32 min: Sev4TSev was on a mission. Duder (8th) goes all-in with AA after a harmless looking flop of [639], but Sev4TSev has pocket (33).

37 min: Soon after Rownder’s (7th) (99) runs into Sev4TSev’s (JJ). He is destroying the field all by himself!

45 min: The onslaught continues as Sev4TSev goes all-in on a flop of [TJ8]. Beerhog (6th) thinks for a very long time and decides his (AA) is good and calls. De Plane shows his (Q9) for a flopped straight! What is going on here? The man has 5 scalps on his belt already!

51 min: A late arrival to the game and short-stacked Nahanni (5th) takes a stand and runs into Matchy’s trip kings.

55 min: A still short-stacked Matchy (4th) makes his stand with a flush draw, but it doesn’t get there and ArticBlast’s pair close out the Match Game.

Break:
Sev4TSev 7650
ArticBlast 5210
Mikeniks-Faldo 2140

Now my run of cards begins! I take the chip lead about ten minutes into the second session and look like I might just steamroll thru.

80 min: The now shorter stacked, but not short stacked Sev4TSev (3rd) has hit a dry run of tickets and makes his stand with probably the only hand he has seen since the break (TT). But I am holding (QQ) and the early dragon is slain.

Heads up, I have a 9000 to 6000 lead and build it slowly. This is going to be a 40 minute heads up battle. Not my strong suit.

90 min: I get my waterloo moment as I have to try and end the match. I have (Ah Th) with a flop of [4h 5c 7h] and decide that it missed ArticBlast. I make the massive raise and get re-raised all-in. Another great read by me (my trademark – not!). I feel I am pot committed. Besides, if he is taking a stab at the flush, he is in a bad way. If he has a pair, I have over-cards. If he has the straight, I still got outs. He has (74) for two pair and my flush doesn’t get there.

That got us close to even, but I still have a slight lead. But that is about to change.

94 min: I get a piece of the flop with (Q7) and a flop of [7A8]. We bet and call. A [Q] on the turn and I think I got him. How much do I bet here? He could have a straight draw or A-rag and kill me with a river pair. I really think I have him beat at this point.

I make a good size bet hoping for the fold, but will call an all-in. He calls.

The river of an [A] was not the card I wanted to see at all. I check and Artic moves all-in.

Maybe my reading ability improved from 4 minutes ago because I know he has an (A). I will still have 3000 chips left after this fold and can fight on – so I do. I tell Arctic I had Q7 and he graciously shows his (AK)! Nice hand and a good play all the way around.

I went from leading 11-4 to losing 12-3 in 4 minutes! I hate this game!

What time are we playing Saturday? 7pm at Matchy’s. I’m in!

110 min: I hit a flush to get back to close to even, but lose a couple must calls and fall back to a 11 – 4 dog again.

120 min: I (2nd) go all-in with (Jd Td) and Artic calls with (Js 6s) and hits the spade flush to end it. Congratulations ArticBlast on his first win of this year – and I guess his first full win. He was already in the Walk of Fame from a split – tourney win with DavetheDog last year, however. But this will move him up the ladder.

1st – ArcticBlast 12 pts
2nd – Mikeniks-Faldo 43 pts
3rd – Sev4TSev 34 pts
4th – Matchy 23 pts
5th – Nahanni 13 pts
6th – Beerhog 26 pts
7th – Rownder 18 pts
8th – Duder 16 pts
9th – McGuiness 18 pts
10th – Boother 10 pts
Aqualung 34 pts
Tigercub 13 pts

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job arctic.

beerhog

Matchy said...

Nice win Greg, even though you won't read this. How about a who's who for sat? Nik if you have time please put up a thread.

Matchy said...

Right now I think
In
Matchy
Nik Faldo
Beerhog
747

Out
Dave E.
Boother
rownder
Farrell

Matchy said...

Trouble ahoy! We only got 4 guys right now...I think. Greg is out as in another guy from our sub I invited. Aqua, Herb, Sparty, Bronco, Thai anyone else...you guys out there??

Anonymous said...

have to love this dumbass, I was in a .50 1.00 limit horse game and we were in the RAZZ game and this moron I belive thought we were playing stud all the way hahaha



PokerStars Game #15947901492: HORSE (Razz Limit, $0.50/$1.00) - table 'Acrux III' 8-max
Seat 1: karnikl ($16 in chips)
Seat 2: Cincy Dawg ($15.55 in chips)
Seat 3: 19DScout ($24.70 in chips)
Seat 4: jccknepper ($26.55 in chips)
Seat 5: Mr.Thomason ($28.70 in chips)
Seat 6: aqualung85 ($10.70 in chips)
Seat 7: April24th04 ($16.40 in chips)
Seat 8: TheoKole ($16.35 in chips)
aqualung85: posts the ante $0.05
April24th04: posts the ante $0.05
TheoKole: posts the ante $0.05
karnikl: posts the ante $0.05
Cincy Dawg: posts the ante $0.05
19DScout: posts the ante $0.05
jccknepper: posts the ante $0.05
Mr.Thomason: posts the ante $0.05
*** 3rd STREET ***
Dealt to karnikl [Kh]
Dealt to Cincy Dawg [4h]
Dealt to 19DScout [Jh]
Dealt to jccknepper [5s]
Dealt to Mr.Thomason [Ah]
Dealt to aqualung85 [2h 7c 8h]
Dealt to April24th04 [Qd]
Dealt to TheoKole [3c]
karnikl: brings in for $0.25
Cincy Dawg: folds
19DScout: folds
jccknepper: folds
Mr.Thomason: folds
aqualung85: calls $0.25
April24th04: folds
TheoKole: raises $0.25 to $0.50
karnikl: calls $0.25
aqualung85: calls $0.25
*** 4th STREET ***
Dealt to karnikl [Kh] [Kc]
Dealt to aqualung85 [2h 7c 8h] [5d]
Dealt to TheoKole [3c] [6d]
TheoKole: bets $0.50
karnikl: raises $0.50 to $1
aqualung85: calls $1
TheoKole: raises $0.50 to $1.50
karnikl: raises $0.50 to $2
Betting is capped
aqualung85: calls $1
TheoKole: calls $0.50
*** 5th STREET ***
Dealt to karnikl [Kh Kc] [Ac]
Dealt to aqualung85 [2h 7c 8h 5d] [Tc]
Dealt to TheoKole [3c 6d] [Jc]
aqualung85: bets $1
TheoKole: calls $1
karnikl: raises $1 to $2
aqualung85: raises $1 to $3
TheoKole: calls $2
karnikl: raises $1 to $4
Betting is capped
aqualung85: calls $1
TheoKole: calls $1
*** 6th STREET ***
Dealt to karnikl [Kh Kc Ac] [Ts]
Dealt to aqualung85 [2h 7c 8h 5d Tc] [6h]
Dealt to TheoKole [3c 6d Jc] [9h]
aqualung85: bets $1
TheoKole: folds
karnikl: raises $1 to $2
aqualung85: raises $1 to $3
karnikl: calls $1
*** RIVER ***
Dealt to aqualung85 [2h 7c 8h 5d Tc 6h] [Qh]
19DScout said, "lol"
aqualung85: bets $1
karnikl: calls $1
*** SHOW DOWN ***
aqualung85: shows [2h 7c 8h 5d Tc 6h Qh] (Lo: 8,7,6,5,2)
karnikl: mucks hand
aqualung85 collected $27.40 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $27.90 | Rake $0.50
Seat 1: karnikl mucked [2s Kd Kh Kc Ac Ts 7d]
Seat 2: Cincy Dawg folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 3: 19DScout folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 4: jccknepper folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Mr.Thomason folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 6: aqualung85 showed [2h 7c 8h 5d Tc 6h Qh] and won ($27.40) with Lo: 8,7,6,5,2
Seat 7: April24th04 folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 8: TheoKole folded on the 6th Street


AQUA

Anonymous said...

I don't believe I will be playing matchy, a slight chance but I hope not....

You see my nephew plays Friday night in the Class B semi finals at MSU and if they win I will not be playing because the final is 8pm Saturday, as of now both the Det. News and the Free press have picked them to lose, but I don't see them losing on Friday...
I also have my sons Basketball party from 5-7 on Saturday at the South Lyon Hotel.....so I may come after that as long as My nephew isn't playing Sat. so count me out as of now..
I will know more late Friday night and will post when I get home from E.Lansing....

GO LCC COUGARS


AQUA

Anonymous said...

I dint know Lansing Community College was the Cougers?
I thought they were the Horned Toads.