Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Bronco76 Wins NPP #47

It was a very strange and frustrating night. We had nine players – which was good - but six players had internet issues at some point in the night. Boother was disconnected until well after the break. The tourney didn’t take that long, but maybe the slow site play made the players play faster.

We only saw 49 hands by the break when 75 hands is closer to the average. But it still wrapped up in less than 2 hours. By the way, it was a rough night for the hand (AK).

On hand #22, Farrell (9th) got all-in with (AK) against Aqualung with (AQ). The hard-luck Farrell saw a [Q} land on the turn. PokerStars has not been kind to him. Join the club, Farrell.

On hand #25, Matchy (8th) got all-in with (AK) and ran into Bronco’s (JJ).

See what I mean? But that hand did kill two players for revenge in a rare three-handed all-in. On hand #31, Rownder (AQ), ArticBlast (K8s) and Bronco (AK) lock it up.. An [AQ8] gave Rownder (6th) the lead and Artic (7th) some hope, but the runner – runner [J][T] gave Bronco the straight.

That got us to the break:
Bronco 7000
Aqua 3700
Sev4TSev 1000
Boother 975
Mikeniks (Faldo) 925

On hand #50, Sev4TSev (5th) gets all-in with (A5) and runs into Bronco’s (JJ), and got no help.

Boother (4th) got re-connected on hand #51 in time for his (KJ) all-in to lose to Bronco’s (AT).

I won’t bore you with the details, but as the short-stack, I survived four all-ins – all with the worst hand - but managed to hit something to stay alive. In the middle, I missed a chance to eliminate Aqualung when my (55) lost to his (QJ). That crippled me none the less. I wish I could bottle those saves for a time when they really would help me. They were wasted here.

Finally my (3rd) luck ran out on hand #97 as my (AT) was out-kicked by Aqualung’s (AJ).

Very quickly Aqualung (2nd) got all-in with (AJ) and ran into Bronco’s (KK), and it was over. Congratulations to Bronco for his 3rd win of the year.

1st – Bronco76
2nd – Aqualung
3rd – Mikeniks (Faldo)
4th – Boother
5th – Sev4TSev
6th – Rownder
7th – ArticBlast
8th – Matchy
9th - Farrell

Player of the Year Totals - With two rounds left!
Rownder - 163
Sev4TSev - 147
Boother - 146

Boother and 747 need to finish at least second in the next tourney - with Rownder finishing no better than 4th!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

 
Say WHAT again.
 
 

Nik Faldo said...

A little too violent for me.

FYI, a full size .45 shot in that shoulder from that range would have taken the arm right off.
Conversation would not be possible at that time.
Shock would have set in and it is hard to keep a conversation going when you are about to bleed to death in sixty seconds or so.
Ah, artistic license.

Matchy said...

Since we are talking weapons, how can a .357 fire .38 bullets? I've done it w/ Boother's (into the head of a porcupine). Wouldn't the .357 have a smaller diam., even though it is longer. If it is the same diam., why not call it a .38 magnum?

Anonymous said...

my wife wants me to get fixed. then i will be shooting blanks!

beerhog

Nik Faldo said...

Your wife wants you to get it fixed - so you can at least aim at the floor.

Anonymous said...

GOT TO LUV THIS NO LIP SYNCHING




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIIP-adTEF0&feature=related

Matchy said...

Would any of you guys be interested in poker at my place (NPP format, no screw your neighbor) this Fri. night? I am thinking 7pm. I don't care if its only 4 guys, I would just like a game.

Anonymous said...

If there is no screw your neighbor, then I am OUT!!

Boother