Friday, December 28, 2007

2007 Runners Up in the NPP Tourneys

I was the runaway winner of this Bridesmaid position.
It is a total condemnation of my ability to play heads-up poker.

A credit to the quality of players at NPP is that everyone finishes in statistically reasonable amounts evenly across the 'less than 1st place positions' and secondly - they can all beat me like a drum heads-up.

Things are not all bleak. I know what I have to work on.

Most 2nds
1st - Mikeniks (Faldo) 13
2nd - Boother 7
3rd - 5th - Rownder, Sev4TSev and ArticBlast 4

5 comments:

Matchy said...

Thanks Mike for all the interesting stats. I think I may have had a knack for 3rds looking back on the year. I also had a knack for 5ths and 6ths and....

On another note did you guys see the bond trader dude on "High Stakes Poker" lose over 100K cash on the first show of the new season. He was on a total bluff w/ 7s2s in the hole against pocket kings and there were two K's on the flop! I highly recommend this show for scenarios like this, it makes me feel so much better about my own misplays and losses.

Matchy said...

Speaking of poker on tv, what are the NPP members favorites. I have become a big fan of World Poker Tour on the Travel Channel, I TIVO all of 'em. I think alot of knowledge is passed down by Mike Sexton (seriously), that is where my mad skillz come from (jokingly). The hostesses are always pretty sexy on that show as well, I think the first chick was by far the hottest.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Shawna Hyatt (spelling??) is HOT!!! She also hosted the National Heads-up Championship on NBC!!!

Nik Faldo said...

I'm happily married and would not notice the looks of the announcer chick.

Anonymous said...

shana Hiatt by far the foxiest of them all


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shana_Hiatt