Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Boother Returns to the Winners Circle – Wins NPP #48

Nine players made it tonight. I started out like gang-busters – winning 4 of the first 6 hands and 8 of the first 24. But a key fold early in the festivities probably cost me the tournament.

On hand #9, Farrell’s (AA) eliminated last week’s winner Bronco (9th) holding (JJ).

On hand #29, Boother (AQ) re-raised my middle position raise and ArticBlast (8th) decided to make a short-stacked all-in move with (K2). I thought about it and folded. The flop was [TQT] and my T in the muck was wondering why I was an idiot. I probably get Boother out of there too and my stack would be too big to mess with. Oh well.

On hand #38 Duder’s (44) eliminates Aqualung (7th) with (A8), but not without some Poker Stars torture – an [A] on the flop and a [4] on the river.

On hand #41, Boother (AKs) ends Rownder’s (6th) night (ATs), so the coveted NPP Player of the Year has yet to be decided.

On hand #55, Duder (5th) gets taken out by Boother in an ugly fashion. The flop is [AKJ] so the short-stacked Duder goes all-in with his (A9) and Boother calls with his (J4). A [J] on the river and all I can say is …(see the latest Bud Lite commercials) DUDE!?!?

Boother’s luck takes a slight detour on hand #60 however. Boother calls the BB from the SB and the re-raise from Sev-4T-Sev in the SB. The flop is [8d 9c 7s] and Sev4TSev goes all-in with (QQ) and Boother calls with (KcTc) – and Sev4TSev gets healthy.

On hand #74 – the last hand before the break, the short-stacked Boother (33) gets healthy off of me as I try to what I should have done on hand #29 - that is to take Boother out - with (AJ) – but I got no help.

At the break:
Sev4TSev 4210
Farrell17 3965
MikeNiks(Faldo) 3305
Boother 2020

Sev4T and Boother know they need at least a 2nd place finish to keep their hopes up of catching Rownder. The two guys left in this for them to try and eliminate are not exactly ribbon clerks, mopes, Greeks from the diner, judges, golf pros or tourists in Atlantic City. Ok, I am a mope - but Farrell is not.

Still anyone’s tourney, but Sev4TSev puts the hurt to me on hand #80 as my flopped trip 6’s run into his turned straight.

Boother is aggressive and stealing some pots but still a low guy like me. But on hand #111, he gets healthy as his (TT) holds up against Sev4TSev’s (AK).

On hand #115, Boother hits a runner-runner full house to take more of Sev4TSev’s chips.

So on hand #120, Sev4TSev returns to the one guy he knows he can get chips off of – me – Mr. Bubble (4th). I am short-stacked and try to hit my open-ended straight draw but I don’t.

Ten minutes later, the short-stacked Sev4TSev (3rd) gets all-in with (A4) but runs into Farrell’s (AA).

And about five minutes after that, Farrell (2nd) misses his straight attempt and Boother’s (TT) hold up. Nice win #6 Boother.

1st – Boother (156)
2nd – Farrell
3rd – Sev4TSev
4th – MikeNiks (Faldo)
5th – Duder
6th – Rownder (163)
7th – Aqualung
8th – ArticBlast
9th – Bronco76

This sets up a showdown next week for the title! Boother needs to win with Rownder finishing no better than 5th, as Rownder wins all tie-breaks. – Nik Faldo

11 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

I need one point for a cool 200!

Anonymous said...

wow. it looks like an old school npp game this friday. herbavor, and nick making an appearance! throw in a larry some how and it feels like older times......

beerhog

p.s. i am 91.635% in.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Matchy and Nik, Like I said Kevin and I will be late and I didn't see your message about no more recruits until I got home from practice last night, but while I was at practice I saw ABE and he said he may come and bring a neighbor......... But as faldo always said recruit and that is what I was doing... the more the Merrier...Incidently I get ONE ITEM large PIZZAS FROM PRO for 5 dollars, so if I should bring some let me know...........

Anonymous said...

I spoke with Larry P. He is in.
I will forward him the address.
Herbavor

Matchy said...

Ok now I am a little worried. I think I have 11 guys coming which might mean 2 tables? I don't really have the chips to handle this big of a cash game unless I throw around some $25's. Also I ask up front to try and be on good behavior because I will have 3 kids sleeping upstairs. A game this big is new territory for me! Mike N. maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy those chips from you. What format do you recommend with this many gouys Mike? Also would you guys rather try to heat up my garage and play out there for noise/cigar/piss mountain ease?

Anonymous said...

have Mike bring his poker table it travels, if he needs me to come get it let me know....... don't worry Matchy we at one time had 14 at Mikes house.......

Anonymous said...

lets us know decision on garage or house and if it is garage will it be heated..............

Matchy said...

My wife is not worried at all, she said basement will be fine. I think I am the worry wart of our family. We have bigger New Years parties and the youngins' sleep fine. Basement it is. I have one legit card table and plenty of portable ones like Beerhog's to use for table #2. Bring it on I say!

We can play with one table until enough dudes show up for table 2. There is no fridge downstairs but we can put beers outside the window.

Anonymous said...

I AM A LESBIAN

as if you males didn't know

Anonymous said...

wow! now we have a larry. do i hear a gridlock?


beerhog

p.s. 96.75%

Anonymous said...

garage, basement, pool, pond. i think the garage would be good for you!


beerhog

p.s. caddyshack for you lamo's.