Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nahanni Wins NPP Internet #21

Seven of us took to the felt after the Memorial Day weekend. Must of been a heck of a weekend for some, because it was a quiet table. I tried to stir the pot a little and was dealt silence.

Even Beerhog was quiet! Probably watching the Pistons get thumped.

Onto the action. Artic Blast (7th) could never get any cards or flops (must of grabbed my PS seat by accident) and was soon short stacked. He finally had to for it with J4s. Boother took him out with 22 as the Blast did not improve.

Beerhog, (6th) who lost several contested pots also, was the next lowest. He made his move with J9 and was called by Nahanni with JT. A ten on the flop and it was over.

Duder (5th) got crippled as his AQ ran into a BB special, as Nahanni's K6 improved a ton on the flop of KQ6. The Dude exited a couple of hands later.

I think the most interesting hand of the night was next. Heavyweights Sev4TSev and Boother hook up and call standard bets. The flop is [Th 2s 3h]. There is a standard bet and call. The turn is a [6h]! The betting gets them both all in!

Sev4TSev (4th) has AT and Boother has JJ. The 2h on the river and we'll have no repeat champion tonight. I should not of folded my 2s3c I guess.

Break: Nik Faldo 4800, Nahanni 3400 and Boother 2300.

When play started back up, I hit a few flops against Nahanni to keep her stack from expanding much. I seemed to win from her what she took from Boother.

Nahanni had won a contested pot with Boother, so Boother was a little on the low chip side. Boother (3rd) goes all in with 99 and is called by Nahanni with KQ. A Queen on the river and Boother is out.

The chips are at the following levels for heads up. Nik Faldo has 5800 and Nahanni 3700. A very impressive comeback begins!

All I can say is I got run over. When I tried to make a move - I got re-raised! When I bet with the few hands I saw (if you call KQ a hand), she folded. It was like Annie Duke versus one of the Greeks in the restaurant.

It has become quite obvious to me (so I assume to the rest of you) that head's up is not my strong suit. For the seventh consecutive time - heads up in this tourney series this year - your humble host has been defeated. This is an ugly flaw I have in my game.

After Nahanni whittled me down to 1800, I (2nd) get all in with the first pair I saw 22 and Nahanni has 44. Good night Faldo! Great job Nahanni!

1st - Nahanni
2nd - Nik Faldo
3rd - Boother
4th - Sev4TSev
5th - Duder
6th - Beerhog
7th - Artic Blast

Monthly overall standings with tourney average points:

1st - Boother 98 / 5.4
2nd - Nik Faldo 89 / 4.9
3rd - Rownder 65 / 4.6
4th - Matchy 63 / 3.5
5th - Sev4TSev 60 / 6.0
6th - Beerhog 44 / 4.9
7th - Momo 32 / 3.2
8th - Cigar4John 28 / 3.5
9th - BonAir 21 / 3.0
10th - Hlam 14 / 2.8
11th - Artic Blast 12 / .9
12th - Nahanni 10 / 3.3
13th - Duder 1 / .3

DavetheDog, SpartyToJo and Bronco76 - not enough entries to make the list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I was playing you Nik...for some reason I thought I was playing Mike Macheski (sp?). I was just thankful I wasn't the first to ge knocked out.

Anonymous said...

sorry for the lack of play and chatter. i was watching the pistons choke again. for some reason i cant do more than one thing at a time.......unlike mike who can watch brokeback mountain and play pick up sticks with his butt cheeks at the same time. what a talent!

beerhog

Nik Faldo said...

Didn't matter Jen. You steamrolled me. Nice job!

Maybe Matchy can show me that 'pick up sticks' game. Maybe I am good at that.

Anonymous said...

A man and woman were having marital problems so they went to see a marriage counselor.

The counselor, in an attempt to find some common ground from which to begin his Analysis said, "Tell me about ANYTHING the two of you have in common."

The husband spoke up first and said, "Well, neither of us sucks dick."