Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sparty On Open Won by Beerhog

Seven players made it to the table and the guy that called for a Thursday night tourney 'forgot' to play in it. Next time I listen to Fourputt, somebody take me out to the shed.

It opened with Beerhog crippling the winner whose name was on this tourney, SpartyToJo.

ThaiFood(Jane) hit a flush with his AK suited to end Tojo's (7th) night against 88.


ThaiFood(Jane) hit trip 5's with his Q5 and 7forty7 is out (6th) when his flush draw did not get there, K8 suited.

Beerhog then hurt ThaiFood with KK vs 88 as the kings held up.

Beerhog finished my night as my cards were cold and I was short-stacked most of the night. He had the slight lead with 99 vs my KT suited pre-flop - but I got the K on the flop. This left Beerhog a two outer with two cards to go. A 9 on the river and my motel room furniture got 're-arranged'(5th).

Short-stacked Hlam (4th) was the next Beerhog victim as his AQ got out-flopped by Beerhog - who paired his 3 (K3suited).

That left three. Matchy was playing solid and crippled Thaifood when his AJ held up against Thaifood's K9.

Thaifood stayed alive as his AT beat Beerhog's QJ.

Thaifood finished in 3rd when he hit his flop with K4. The flop was 65K. Matchy called with his 65.

The heads up match lasted a while as Matchy cut Beerhog's chip lead from 4 to 1 all the way down to 2 to 1.

They went all in as Matchy had AK and Beerhog had A3 suited (diamonds).

The flop was all diamonds (as was the turn and river) and Beerhog took the victory.

1st - Beerhog
2nd - Matchy
3rd - Thaifood
4th - Hlam
5th - Faldo
6th - 7forty7
7th - SpartyToJo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beerhogs ace 3 was not suited, he had ace with 3 of dia five dias showed on board but one was the 2 so hogs flush was higher, you announce worse than eric dickerson,


Couldn't help but notice how quickly this post got up, you hog and nikky having brokeback memories

Anonymous said...

In the final hand the flop was not all diamonds because I think there was an ace and a king in the flop. Not a big deal, but if I would have made a full house things could have been different (I guess you can always say that). It was fun anyway. See you guys in a couple of days.
Matchy

Anonymous said...

I noticed the part of Louanna was played by Jane. Last time the infamous Tolly played the part.

Since the trend is to have someone else play under your name I suggest:

Beerhog - played by Phil Helmuth.
Herbavor - played by Gus Hanson
Fourputt - played by Phil Ivey.
MikeNiks - played by some loser with no real poker skill.

Nik Faldo said...

Sorry if I got some of this wrong. My computer screen somehow got some cracks in it when that '9' came on the river for Beerhog.

I guess a laptop is not designed to have a motel desk chair smashed on top of it. Go figure!

Fourputt is all wrong with his assessments. As much as I akin this to grown men wearing hockey player's jerseys to the games (which I think is quite gay), mine would look like this:

Beerhog = Gus Hansen
Herbavor = Daniel Negraneau
Thai Food = Howard Lederer
7forty7 = Gavin Smith
Larry P = Erik Seidel
ToJo = Alan Goehring
Fourputt = Jeff Shulman
Cigar4John = Phil Hellmuth
Gridlock = Greg Raymer
The Wall = Tom McEvoy
Tolly = Mike Matusow
Matchy = TBD
Nik Faldo = an unsuccessful Dan Harrington

You guys try it - since you are all gay.

Nik Faldo said...

I was going to designate myself as Chip Reese -
but on TV I saw him hit his dream card on the turn, then not get run down on the river.

No way that could be me. I am 100% opposite on both of those.

Anonymous said...

Not bad faldo I'd love to Mike Matusaw, but you an unsuccessful Dan Harriington PLEEEEEEEASE, I,ve never seen that guy whine about any beat, and you cry more than a baby with COLIC. Josh Arieh maybe

But 747 as Gavin Smith perfect

I think Fourputt would be better as Robert Varconi.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VETERANS DAY BEERHOG AND TO ALL YOU FORMER SERVICEMEN OUT THERE...........

what time you going to be a Champs beerhog, maybe I'll stop in

Nik Faldo said...

Can't argue with your assessment Tolly - one bad beat whiner to another.

Nik Faldo said...

Fourputt is closer to Linda Johnson