Monday, November 06, 2006

4Putt Fixed Open Won by Rush Limbaugh

This was the biggest tourney we've had so far. Louanna let RushLimbaugh, of Absolute Poker fame, step into his seat for the evening. Rush bears a striking resemblance to Tolly.

Let's see how it unfolded - or folded as the case may be:

Rush took out internet superstar Beerhog when his KK held up over Beer's 77.

7forty7 put the hurt on Cigar4john next when his QQ held up against John's AT and straight draw.

Fourputt knocked out last tourney winner SpartyToJo in 7th with KK when Sparty's AT hit a T on the flop.

Cigar4John got back in the tourney when his QQ beat Rush's AK.

Cigar4John then cripples Hlam when his AK bested Herbavor's AQ. All Aces and paint on the flop. I personally agonized pre-flop calling the all-ins with 99 on the button (I raised initially and they both went all-in from the blinds) but thought one of them would have a higher pair so I folded. Smart move as every 2 and 3 outer card flopped to kill me if I had called. They ended up splitting a small pot instead of my chips.

Cigar4John then goes out in 6th when his AT loses to 7forty7's AK.

Rush takes me out when I overbet to get Hlam to fold or call for value as he was shortstacked and to keep Tolly from calling. Hlam folded, and Rush pushed his luck as he was a much larger stack. His 66 beat my AK and I was out in 5th.

Hlam goes from 4th to 1st in chips when his AK beats 7forty7's J4 suited. The flop if I recall had a KJ4 and two diamonds, so it was not an unreasonable play. 7forty7 still had chips in which to inflict pain, but Herbavor went from worst to first.

7forty7 finished 4th when his 75 lost to DavetheDog's JT as they both hit the flop.

Rush took out DavetheDog next in 3rd place when his KK beat Dave's QJ when Dave hit the Q on the flop.

Very quickly the night ended when Rush's 99 beat Hlam's AK. A couple hands later and it was over. 'Rush' returns with a victory.

Remember to RSVP for Saturday at 6pm.

Also remember the NPP Sparty On Open at 9pm on Thursday. Or, should I cancel it? Let's RSVP for this one too.

11 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

Fourputt, please move the tourney date from the 13th to the 14th please. It has to be Tuesday next week or I can't play.
Not that I have to. If most still want Monday then I will leave it.

Anonymous said...

That was Tolly chipping at my stack and not the real Louanna?

Grrrr. Grrrr. He made my life miserable last evening and made me think too much.

That fact should have been disclosed to all.

The punishment is for Tolly to return his winnings....to me!!!

Kudos to Herbavor for the comeback. Awesome!

NPP is one tough table.

Anonymous said...

no big deal guys, it was very fun I have to admit, but my winnings are Pokerstars now. I decided to go sit with 747 at a .25 NL game. first i tried to transfer my entry fee back to him, it didnt go through I think they are on to me. I proceeded to get rivered and beaten by lesser hands plus I made bad raise when I thought i had a straight. So fourputt I cant pay you back because I lost my winnings.

Anonymous said...

Good game last night Tolly.

Herbavor

Anonymous said...

Hey Fourputt you should've realized it was me when I said I just got done smoking a Monte Cristo, but I apoligize if i bullied you.


Ty herbavor gg also

Anonymous said...

What was with the two tables initially?

Anonymous said...

I'm in for poker at 6pm.

I'll see how soon I can get to CHAMPPS after those great directions I received yesterday.

You said 'CHAMPPS' not 'TRUMPS' right?

Herbavor

Anonymous said...

Champs is on Grand River just south of Main Street on the west side of the street.

It is between Rickett rd and Main Street on Grand river. If that helps you better.

Champs pub in Brighton is not related to the CHAMPPS YOU'RE THINKING OF

Anonymous said...

way to go rushy!

count me in for thur, sat, and tues is fine by me.

Anonymous said...

I think pokerstars is on to me, 747 went to transfer me some money on there after I lost what I won and it didnt go through, they are probably sending Nik e-mails asking him why he was playing from my computer, so I may not be able to defend my title

Nik Faldo said...

My heart was not in it. Garcia was not a 'bad' Republican.
I would of went nuts if I was against Stabbing-us-now or Grand-ho.

I will try to get the UTP/CP nomination to run against Lenin next time he runs and Grand-ho the next time if that fails.

Meanwhile, thank the Democrats for tyranny, taxes and running from fights with terrorists.