Wednesday, November 22, 2006

NPP Internet Beerhog Classis #7 - Has It's 7th Straight Different Winner!

Our biggest field of all time joined the fray. Two new players joined this week - Sack and Momo. All I can say is - men, welcome! And a special thank you for the short niknames!

It was all Cigar early in this one. His AKs takes out Momo's KT (11th) first when two kings hit on the flop. This is what's known as Nik Faldo luck, Momo. It's contageous as you will see later in this tourney.

ToJo went out in (10th), but I didn't see the hand. I had run to get a beer and missed it completely. My bad. Whoever wants to can comment and fill me in.

Matchy got the prize for the "Bad Beat" of the night. Boother goes all in with trips on the turn - right into Matchy's (9th) full house - 99977. But a ten falls on the river and Boother's 999TT takes it. It just may be someone's night.

Cigar ended Hlam's cold cold night at the table when his KK ran over Hlam's (8th)all-in with Q6 when a Q hit the board.

The Dog sacrifices the southern gent he brought to the game. Very rude! Sack (7th) gets his short stack all-in with QJ and two pair on the flop [JQQ] and walks right into a big-blind hand of Q2 for the Dog. Ouch!

But the celebration is short-lived as Beerhog [A9] decimates the Dog's stack [A2]. I (Faldo) eliminate the Dog (6th) shortly thereafter.

A big betting war erupts as the suprisingly mute 747's QQ takes out Cigar's (5th) AQ when a Q hits the board.

I (Faldo) decide it is time to do my usual kamakaze play (that has never worked by the way) and go all in to take some much needed blind money with QT (4th) and run in 747's KK. Yes, he saw more pairs in two hands than I saw all night.

Beerhog then takes a big chunk of Boother's stack to pull even for second place when his AK beats Boother's AQ. We got a horserace now.

But our internet tournament point leader Beerhog's(3rd) AQ runs into a 23 in the blind - and a straight - by Boother with a flop of [A45].

It is a classic and long battle with Boother coming from 2 to 1 down to a 3 to 1 chip lead when all the chips finally hit the center. Boother with 66 and 747 with AK. The coin flip preflop odds are tilted away from 747 (2nd) as a six hits the flop and a boat on the turn for our 7th new champion, Boother.

1st - Boother
2nd - 747
3rd - Beerhog
4th - Faldo
5th - Cigar4John
6th - The Dog (Fourputt)
7th - Sackett
8th - Hlam
9th - Matchy
10th - Tojo
11th - Momo

Next internet tourney is Nov. 28. Invite your friends - if any of you have any besides this pack of rabble.

The password is '3ofdiamonds'.

The December 5th tourney is posted. Fourputt the password is '3ofclubs'.

I had posted a different password, but Fourputt can't read. I have to start writing blog orders to him in German I think. - Nik

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

..or send me the passwords via email like a normal person.

P.S. Beerhog cheated me out of my chips. Where can I get a complaint form?

Nik Faldo said...

Dial 1-800-IPlay-Bad

Nik Faldo said...

You are correct GolfR. I had ordered her to go get the trampoline ready for sex. I should of had her bring me my beer first.

You spelled the name of the cigar incorrectly. I can't recall any pre-paid cigar situation. That's a shame.

Whenever you want them and your present of a travel humidor I built for you, just let me know.

Meet me at the Lone Star Steakhouse town where we can sample the wares. Tell me when.

Fourputt - Cigar Boy has a great idea! Sell your clubs and use the money for renting the Nancy Lopez Pink Flying Lady set on the two days a year you actually play golf. - Brilliant!

Cigar Boy could also try this strategy, now that I think about it.