Saturday, October 02, 2010

Faldo Makes Final Table in PokerStars 90 player Tilt


The ladies are happy for Faldo - naturally.

Sorry for the lack of postings this week. Faldo had a rough work week with some on the road travel thrown in. Add that to the fact I have been feeling run down, led me to pre-dinner naps instead of pre-dinner writing and posting.

But Beer-thirty arrived on Friday night and I was sitting with Beerhog up at the Brighton Buffalo Wild Wings (after my pre-dinner nap), and decided to play a little on-line poker. Beerhog was also playing some tourney and ring action on PS along side me.

I got in eight tourneys – not big stakes as public internet and Faldo public poker can get interrupted. Internet cuts out sometimes and Faldo female groupies swarm Faldo on most occasions – making it impossible to concentrate on poker.

It is tough being Faldo (see The Most Interesting Man in the World post – for confirmation).

As I have mentioned before, volume is key. Even though I failed to cash in the other seven tourneys, my 6th place final table finish in this one netted a small profit for the evening.

My exit was the usual PokerStars ream-ola, as my pocket Queens lose to pocket sevens with a 7 on the river – naturally. Beerhog suffered a similar fate in his tourney also.

The Sam Adams Octoberfest beer was tasty at least.

4 comments:

fourputt said...

The picture of the cheerleaders celebrating your accomplishment was very inspiring!

Thank you for sharing.

Robert Smith, Realtor said...

Please fire the cheerleader second from the right. Apparently she can't stay in synch with the other girls and that will prove to be very distracting to you in the long run.

Anonymous said...

I think they're cheering because Faldo just left the field!!

Nik Faldo said...

Bob, I was going to fire her, but she had the shortest skirt. I have my priorities, Mr. Smith.