Thursday, January 28, 2010

Faldo Out of the #3 Event of the WBCOOP…Early

I’ll admit it. I am in a funk in poker. Bad cards, bad luck, bad reads - some bad play, and a whole lot of borderline decisions where when I pick ‘zig’ – the 'zag' was the winning play.

We all hit streaks like this (so I am told), so I just have to keep throwing my money down a rat hole. What I meant to say - I just need to keep plugging along, as the clouds will break over this poker drought eventually.

Remember quitters never win. But they do keep the rest of their money longer. And besides – losing just might be my style.

As the blog not so shyly advertizes, I am qualified for the World Blogger Championship of On-line Poker. I was given three tickets in my account to enter three prelim events to qualify for the others. The paper work PokerStars sent me says I can enter all six of the events, but I only received tickets for three. I will complain if I need to, but maybe the other tickets will show up.

The first event [NL Holdem] was on Monday, Jan. 25 at 5pm. Great timing as my employer told me to go home, pack and get to Chicago before a winter storm hits. I had to be at a meeting there and the morning drive would no longer be friendly. So I was on I-94 just east of Kalamazoo when that tilt went off.

Like I said, my timing is off – I guess on everything – right now.

The second WBCOOP event [PL Omaha] was set for Tuesday, Jan 26 at 5 pm. The plan (dream?) was to get back to the hotel room, wire up, and enter the event right at the deadline. Then I would be playing in this event - while winning our Tuesday Tourney – while keeping score of the Tuesday tourney. Yeah, right.

Much like my re-raises with (KK), this plan walked into (AA), with an [A] on the flop AND turn. Not only did I not even leave the plant I was working out of until 7pm, but I lost quickly in the NPP tourney too.

Customers, suppliers and co-workers all conspired to keep me from my poker destiny(as does my lack of talent). Then, my friends treated me rudely to cap the day.

Did I tell you I lost with AA? I think I failed to mention it that night. After all, you know I never whine about such things.

I did get to enter yesterday’s [NL Holdem] event with 1842 other bloggers. I was out in 890th place. That is about where I finish on NPP Tuesday, so all is normal.

I will seriously try to get back to the NPP Fortress of Solitude (and padded cell) in time for the Thursday event at 6pm. It will be a tight squeeze (twss) to be ready to play. I may have to stop at a Wi-Fi place on the way home to register and jump in when I walk in the door.

Friday at 7pm is the 8-game mix WBCOOP tourney. Should be fun, and I plan on playing that one at BWW in Brighton. I will have cigars to pass out if anyone wants to sweater me (and buy me a beer).

Wingsfancurt has already volunteered to be in my cheering section for at least the early stages. But he passes on the pleasure of buying Faldo a beer. Who is stepping up to donate to the “Beer Aid to Faldo” Tour?

No comments: