Sunday, January 24, 2010

Derf-63 Wins at Premier Poker Palace!

NPP players are winners – pure and simple. You play in the pressure cooker (but fun) that is our Tuesday night league, and you can’t help but turn into a Phil Ivey everywhere else you play.

The results are just starting to trickle in, and I just found out Derf-63 won the tourney Friday night. Derf has been on a roll, winning the NPP Heads Up tourney, and getting off to a fast start in this year’s league. Great job Derf, and way to represent for NPP!

Again, Faldo apologizes for not being able to stick around until the end of the tourney. But I still run out of gas pretty easily these days, and besides I had a car with a dead battery in my garage to get fixed first thing in the morning. When a ride home became available from Aqualung85, I took it.

As for other tourney results, I already reported that Beerhog and Faldo (16th) made an early exit. Aqualung finished about 14th. K9isadog reported he was out at 11th. Boother36 probably made the final table with Derf, but did not cash. I have no idea where Pre01 finished and can’t remember who else was there.

I’m getting old and it takes me a while to get the names – and the NPP names - with the faces. Except – for some strange reason, I remember every single one of the “new” players who’s picture appears on the blog. Hmmmm, go figure. But if you were there, comment and let us all know what happened.

After my car died in my garage, I left my notepad in the car. I was actually lucky my car died just before the tourney and not in the Cobo Hall parking structure. I had attended the Auto Show that morning. THAT would have been a bad beat.

Anyway, just getting to dinner and the tourney became the new priority. I spent like an hour and a half in the cold garage trying to get my car started. I open the hood to jump start it, and I can’t find the battery? I see a little box (twhs) that had a tiny positive post (twss), but no negative (like Faldo, who also has no negatives).

So I was cold, tired and running late, and the notepad got left on the dead car’s car seat as Beerhog rescued Faldo with a ride to the tourney.

Saturday, I get the car battery replaced. I didn’t know the battery in my car was under the back seat of my vehicle! News to me – as this ‘specially vented battery’ in this very special location – was about FOUR TIMES what batteries used to cost to replace.

The mechanic did find my wedding ring that had fallen under the back seat like 4 years ago. I was golfing, took the ring off and set it on the back seat. I forgot it was there, drove home and during the ride it must have fell back thru the cushions.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Speaking of terrible reporting, I will be doing an even worse job this Tuesday, if all goes well. I hope to be still running deep in the PokerStars Blogger Championship, and will join our tourney too.

Faldo is good, but playing in two tourneys at once and tracking hands on four other tables, might be a little tough. See you all Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did make the final table….but not for very long.

On the first hand, my large pre-flop raise with 66 got properly called by AK. He followed up with a post flop all in bet with a K on the board, which I had to call due to pot odds. I lost most of my chips.

On the second hand, my all in raise with 99 gets called by JJ, and I don’t improve. Just like that, I am out of there!!!

The cash game was not any friendlier, so I left down on $’s for the evening. But I did have a blast seeing all the fellas. And am already looking forward to the next NPP @ PPL!!

Thanks Mike for organizing the event!!

Boother

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!

as said from MIKE - yes I won, had a great time as usual, (win or lose)..... i brought a couple of others to play....they had a tough time on the "cash table" too. Better luck next time. One of them - "merhibka" who has played on NPP - too.

Thanks too EVERYONE for comments while i was playing!!!

DERF

Anonymous said...

I feel much better now that I know I got knocked out by the champ... great job Derf..........how did Beerhog and Elf do in the cash game



AQUALUNG