Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tropical Poker Has Shut Down

Well, this will be my second site that shut down and took my money with them. It has been two weeks with a "temporarily closed for software maintenance" note when you try to load their software. If you have it loaded and try to get to the site, it shuts down. I say they are done.

It was one of the sites really affected by Netteller closing to US players. I wanted to cash out but with the check fees and delays, I gave myself a 'Cash out - close amount or go broke trying' to hit it. The only problem is I waited too long to do it.

Jet Poker closed on me and I had twice the money in there as I had at Tropical Poker! I had won a tournament on that site, pulled my deposit and some profit and left some meat in there. But they vanished into the internet black hole and took my profits with them.

Now Tropical seems to have pulled the same trick. Pity, because I liked the site's software and their tournament offerings.

Poker . com, now Carbon Poker did take ePassport, but have stopped that service - again without warning. They too added a ridiculous check fee for cashing out. I have money there too. Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me, fool me three times and I'm an idiot. I will have to play there and get to the cash out figure or take my lumps at the poker table, but at least get some play out of the money there.

I must give mention to sites that closed down in a classy fashion. Party Poker, Planet Poker and Pokertropolis all shut down but warned players and helped get funds back to their customers.

Anyway, I'll bet I have lost more money by sites shutting down on me than most of you have lost playing on-line. But I knew it was a risk when I was doing it, so I can't whine about it.

Got to go. I deposited money in a new site "Cake Poker" and I have a "New Player Freeroll" to play in. Heard it was a joint venture between the owners of Jet Set and Tropical Poker. - Nik Faldo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

a moment of silence please. faldo is having his colon invaded today w/ a scope. i am worried he will like it and he will begin to bat for the other team. it was good knowing ya mike.


beerhog

p.s. how did it go?

Nik Faldo said...

All went well. No issues.

But now when I pass a plumbing supply store - I get wood.

No interest in men but I have started dating this cute piece of PVC pipe.

Anonymous said...

make sure not to use the pipe glue.



beerhog

Anonymous said...

Did they find your head up there during the procedure?

A har dee har har...

Anonymous said...

PS sent me an email that their eChecks is now available to me. This is awesome. No hassle just like before.

Nik Faldo said...

Head was not there - but brain was. They left it there.

4Putt - two things:

1. Write an article on how e-checks work cause I have no idea.

2. Now no excuse for missing the Tuesday night game.

Anonymous said...

The eChecks article can be found here

Nik Faldo said...

Thanks Dave.
My webmaster is slowing down. Where is the added link and the insult to me for being helpless???

I added a link to the site.

Anonymous said...

Just want to correct the comment about Party Poker... they are closed to American players but are still open for business.
Also, Carbon still has deposit/withdrawal options available for U.S. players.