Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sev4TSev Returns to the Winner’s Circle in NPP #46

Seven players make it to the table, including me from a poor connection from Grand Rapids, MI. I get some great cards early and should have done more with them. Let me get my excuse in now – I was one tired guy. Long day followed by a long drive. You simply cannot play against this group and have success if you are not ready to play. On to the action.

On hand #33 Boother raises and Farrell (7th) re-raises, Boother (AK) goes all-in and Farrell (QQ) calls covered. The dreaded coin flip, but a [K] on the flop and it is over for the ‘newer’ guy.

The oldest guy goes out next – me (6th). On hand #43, Duder and I (99) see a flop with ArticBlast. The flop is [JJ6] with two hearts and here is where I get a little lazy. Duder checks and I go all-in, Artic folds and Duder calls. I expect to see A6 or a heart flush draw, but the (TT) is really bad for me. No miracles and I am all but done.

Sev4TSev hits an A on a flop two hands later and I am out of there. A waste of some good hands early.

On hand #52, after a flop of [875] Duder (5th) gets all-in with (A8s) and is called by Sev4TSev with (AK). A [K] on the turn and Duder is gone.

To the break:

Boother 3305
Sev4TSev 3250
ArticBlast 2470
Rownder 2470

By hand #75, Boother has built a nice chip lead. Sev4TSev (88) gets all-in with half the chips of Boother with a flop of [48K]. Boother has the trap hand of (K4) and they change places in the chip count.

On hand #82, Boother, Rownder (4th) and Artic see a [6c Ks 4c] flop. Boother (Q6) bets, Rownder (T6) moves all-in, Artic folds and Boother calls. A [Q] on the turn and we will have a new champ tonight.

On hand #90, Boother(3rd) raises and Sev4TSev calls. The flop is [3c Ts 6c]. Boother (AK) bets, Sev4TSev (A6) goes all-in and Boother calls. No {K} arrives and Boother is out.

That leave Sev4TSev with a 7500 to a 3500 lead over ArticBlast.

Artic gets close to even when his (88) hangs on against Sev4TSev’s (AQ). But it is an air flight night.

On hand #108, Sev4TSev raises from the BB and Artic calls. The flop is [4A2]. Artic (2nd) gets all-in with (AT) and a dominated Sev4TSev calls with (KQ). But an unbelievable turn and river of a [K] and [Q] and its over. Congratulations to Sev4TSev for his 8th win of the year!

1st – Sev4TSev
2nd – ArticBlast
3rd – Boother
4th – Rownder
5th – Duder
6th – Mikeniks (Faldo)
7th – Farrell14

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Charlotte, NC, lawyer purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against fire among other things. Within a month having smoked his entire stockpile of these great cigars and without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the lawyer filed claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: That the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion.


The lawyer sued...and won! In delivering the ruling the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous. The Judge stated nevertheless, that the lawyer held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure them against fire, without defining what is considered to be unacceptable fire, and was obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000 to the lawyer for his loss of the rare cigars lost in the "fires."


NOW FOR THE BEST PART... After the lawyer cashed the check, the Insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON!!!! With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and was sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000 fine.









ONLY IN AMERICA!!! NO WONDER THE REST OF THE WORLD

THINKS WE'RE NUTS

Anonymous said...

The Captain


Observing a light across the water,
the captain had his signalman instruct the other vessel to change her course ten degrees south.

The response was prompt:
Change your course ten degrees north."



"I am a captain," he responded testily.
"Change your course ten degrees south."

The reply: "I'm a seaman first class--change your course north."

The captain was furious.
"Change your course now.
I'm on a battleship."



"Change your course ten degrees north, sir--
I'm in a lighthouse!"

Anonymous said...

The phone rings at FBI headquarters. "Hello?"

"I'm calling to report my neighbor.
He is hiding marijuana inside his firewood."

"Thank you very much for the call, sir."

The next day, FBI agents descend on the neighbor's house.
They search the shed where the firewood is kept.
Using axes, they bust open every piece of wood, but find no marijuana.
They swear at the neighbors and leave.

The phone rings at the neighbors house.
Hey, Adrian, did the FBI come?"

"Yep."

"Did they chop your firewood?"

"Yep."

"Great, now it's your turn to call. I need my garden plowed."

Anonymous said...

UNSOLVED
MYSTERY


Juan comes up to the Mexican border
on his bicycle.
He's got two large bags over
his shoulders.
The guard stops him and says,
"What's in the bags?"

"Sand," answers Juan.

The guard says,
"We'll just see about that ~
get off the bike."
The guard takes the bags
and rips them apart;
he empties them out and
finds nothing in them but sand.
He detains Juan overnight
and has the sand analyzed,
only to discover that
there is nothing in the bags.

The guard releases Juan,
puts the sand into new bags,
hefts them onto the man's shoulders,
and lets him cross the border.

A week later, the same thing happens.
The guard asks, "What have you got?"

"Sand," says Juan.

The guard does his thorough examination
and discovers that the bags
contain nothing but sand.
He gives the sand back to Juan,
who crosses the border on his bicycle.

This sequence of events is repeated
every week for three years.
Finally, Juan doesn't show up one day
and the guard meets him in a cantina in Mexico.

"Hey, Buddy," says the guard,
"I know you are smuggling something.
It's driving me crazy.
It's all I think about.
I can't sleep.
Just between you and me,
what are you smuggling?"

Juan sips his beer and says,
"Bicycles."

Anonymous said...

It is well documented that for every mile that you jog, you add one minute to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.







I don't jog, it makes the ice jump
right out of my glass!







I like long walks, especially when
they are taken by people who annoy me.







I have flabby thighs,
but fortunately
my stomach covers them.







The advantage of

exercising every day

is that you die

healthier.











The only reason
I would take up
jogging is so I could hear
heavy breathing again.

Nik Faldo said...

I wondered what happened to my lawyer.