Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hlam14 Wins NPP #44

It took a blast from the past and a full hour of hand to hand combat to de-thrown Rownder. Rownder still has had an unbelievable run against this group. Six of us hit the felt.

On hand #9, I hit a straight to hurt Sev4TSev.

On hand #18, Matchy hurt Hlam. But not bad enough obviously.

On hand #38, I hurt Boother’s stack when I hit another straight. Maybe it’s my night I’m thinking.

On hand #49, we got 5-way action. I was the only folder. But Matchy’s big bet after the flop got everyone to fold.

On hand #54, a short-stacked Sev4tSev (6th) goes all-in with {Qs 7s} after a flop of
[5d Ks 9s] and ran into Hlam’s {As Js}. No flush hit and no Q or 7 either.

On hand #57 Rownder’s T8 knocks out Boother’s (5th) {AQ} when an [8] flops. The [T] on the turn was not needed.

On hand #68, I (4th) probably got a little impatient. I blame fatigue as my job and my appointment on Monday may have drained my strength (not to mention a lot of what I am full of). I was the short stack at this point and went all-in with {Ad Qd} with a flop
of [7c Jd 5d] against Rownder.

I was quite sure he had a J or maybe A7 or A5, and I wanted a fold. Lazy poker on my part. I had the flush draw and the overcards if he calls. He did with {J7}. Ouch! That was it for me.

At the break:

Rownder 4265
Hlam14 3285
Matchy 1450

Right after the break, Matchy (3rd) goes all-in with {J9} and gets called by Hlam’s {AQ}, and gets no help.

This sets up a near even in chips heads up battle that lasts an hour. Finally Rownder (2nd) goes all-in on a flop of [9J8] while holding {86}. Hlam calls with his {KK}!

In typical Poker Stars fashion, the turn is a [6] to put Rownder in front, only to river a [J] to end the night. Win #2 of the year for Hlam. Congratulations!

1st – Hlam14
2nd – Rownder
3rd – Matchy
4th – Mikeniks (Nik Faldo)
5th – Boother
6th – Sev4TSev

2 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

Be sure to check out the new stuff:
> eChecks for funding Poker Stars
> Nik Faldo's Theme Song
> Dave the Dog Golf Course

Nik Faldo said...

Beat a 35 on Dave's Course! After all, I am Nik Faldo.