Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rownder Does it Again! Wins NPP #45

Without Hlam14 there to stop him, the verdict was in before the jury was selected.

A new juror joined us from fashionable Ferndale – Farrell17. Welcome and bring me a nacho from Warrilow’s for the next game! Also some fries from the New Way Bar. No gays from 9 Mile however, I’m trying to quit. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

With the new meat we had eight players and a sweater by the name of Dave the Dog. He used some lame excuse that he thought the game was at 9pm. Let’s see – he is the webmaster and runs this blog for me, but forgot when we play. Right. On to the action:

I caught some cards early and was merciless on Boother’s stack. On hand #37, the shorter stacked guys at the table went at it to get back to solid footing. Matchy’s (A8) hit an [8] on the flop to beat Boother’s (8th) (AT).

On hand #39, ArticBlast survives an all-in, hitting a flush to beat my two pair. A lot of that kind of stuff happened this evening. “A lot of come backs”, is how Artic put it.

On hand #47, Nahanni’s (AJ) eliminates Sev4TSev (7th) with A9.

On hand #51, Farrell survives when his (KQ) hits a [K] on the flop to beat Rownder’s AQ.

On hand #53, Matchy (6th) runs what I think was a bluff with (33). But Rownder has AT and there was a [T] on the flop and he was not going anywhere. Matchy does go to the rail however.

At this point ArticBlast survives a couple of all-ins and makes a strong comeback. To get all the way back, on hand #62, his all-in with (99) survives the flush and straight draws of Nahanni.

Break time:
Rownder 3850
ArticBlast 3390
Mikeniks 3140
Farrell 1100
Nahanni 520

Now it is time for a Nahanni comeback. On hand #65 her (88) beats Artic’s (Q8s).
On hand #67 ArticBlast (AK) cripples the chip leader Rownder (A5). The flop is an ugly [AK5] for Rownder.

On hand #72, Farrell (5th) goes all-in with (As 4s) and a flop of [Ac Tc 8h]. Artic has to call with (Qc Jc) and the Blast makes his straight on the turn.

On hand #74 Nahanni (K8) moves up to 2nd in chips as ArticBlast calls her all-in with (K2) on a flop of [9 8 K].

Now a war starts between Nahanni and Rownder. If you read the title block you already know how it finished. On hand #77 Rownder picks up chips getting Nahanni to fold. On hand #78, she gets chips back the same way. Rownder really hurts Nahanni when his (55) holds up against her (A9).

Now Rownder starts his run to victory.

On hand #88, I get Rownder to call my bet putting him all-in. I have (QQ) and he has (A6). An Ace falls on the flop.

On hand #99, Rownder hits a flush with (K4s) against ArticBlast’s (99).

At this point Rownder tells us that he is sorry he is not chatting but he is in a final table in another tourney at the same time. Nice when you can kill two sets of poker players at the same time. Amazing.

On hand #109, a short-stacked Nahanni gets healthy when her (88) hits a flop of [A8J] against my (AJ).

But the chips end up in Rownder’s stack as on hand #110, Nahanni (4th) goes all-in with (AQ) and runs into Rownder’s (JJ) and does not get any help.

As the short-stack now, I got to move. On hand #127, I survive an all-in when my (98) hits a [9] on the flop to best ArticBlast’s (A3).

On hand #129, I get some more chips as ArticBlast calls my all-in after a flop of [K87]. I have (QQ) and he has (T9), but the straight doesn’t get there.

On hand #134, ArticBlast (3rd) moves all-in with (AJ) and meets Rownder’s (99) and does not improve.

Rownder has 8200 to my 3800 so I can’t wait too long to try something. Poker Stars decides to kill me fast.

On hand #139, I (2nd) go all-in on a flop of [458] while holding (85). Rownder calls with (A7). A [6] on the turn and it is over. Congratulations to Rownder for win #11, and who is pulling away from the pack. He is sprinting while we are crawling.

1st – Rownder
2nd – Mikeniks (Faldo)
3rd – ArticBlast
4th – Nahanni
5th – Farrell17
6th – Matchy
7th – Sev4TSev
8th – Boother

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nik-
I appreciate the nice write-up (my head can barely fit through the door now), but i feel that i must tell you that the only reason i said anything about being at another table was because i felt like i was taking forever to make my decisions while playing with you guys (I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time, let alone focus on two tourneys). I apologize if it came off that i was bragging about it! Thanks again for the nice write-ups, I have just been getting very lucky though. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Rownder

Nik Faldo said...

Never thought you were bragging. Hope my write-up didn't make it sound like I thought you were.
Lucky or not, what you have been able to accomplish against a good stable of poker players is nothing short of amazing!

The only player I dare make fun of - and mean it - is me. I have so much ammo I don't need anybody else.

Nik Faldo said...

"I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time. I just have been getting lucky." - Rownder

9/11 - Win
9/25 - out
10/9 - Win
10/16- Win
10/23- Win
10/30- out
11/6 - Win
11/13- 2nd
11/20- Win

Ok, if you say so.

Nik Faldo said...

I see Fourputt put his Tuesday night knitting class picture on the poker site.