Friday, November 16, 2007

Another Painful Near Miss! I'm Quitting for a While.

Maybe it is time to hang up the poker visor for a while. Poker depression is setting in.

1) I go with Beerhog to a poker tourney with a time limit - tourney over at 1:30am. They are paying six spots: 2 - $1000, 2 - $500 and 2 - $250. With 45 minutes, two tables and 14 players left, glancing around, I put myself at around 8th place. It is then announce that the tourney is ending at 1am instead! Great, ripped off and I got 15 minutes to make a cash happen.

The blinds are posted; a small stack understandably goes all-in, as does a stack near my size. I look down and see (Ad Td). Time to take the shot and so does the small and big blinds (both with more chips than me). I think I have the hands close that are shown:
(AK), (55), (QJ), and (88).
The flop has two diamonds and pairs no one. The turn is a K and the river is ...not a diamond.

2) Finish 4th on Tuesday. No need to re-hash that.

3) Another SNG on Carbon Poker, with 9 players left out of 10. Get all-in with (KK) and a flop of [Kd 8s 7s]. Get called by the (6s 5s) and the [4d] shows up on the turn.

4) On Carbon Poker in a SNG, three players left, I am third in chips with (AA) and go all-in against the 2nd short-stack and get also called by the big stack with (QQ). I don't have to tell you what falls on the flop.

5) Another SNG on Carbon Poker, four players left, and I am short-stacked in 4th and go all-in with (99) and get called by (A9). They hit the [A] on the turn.

6) Tournament on Cake Poker. A satelite paying seven spots into a $1000 guaranteed tourney. 300 players entered, and we are down to the final table of ten players. I am about 4th in chips. I am in the BB with (AA). One from the cutoff goes all-in with half my chip stack. Blinds are mosterous and even though I am in 4th, I have less than 15 times the blinds. It is folded to me. I call and am up against (QJ).
Flop [K 3 4] turn [T] river [9].

The next time in the BB with the familiar [Ad Td] (see #1 ending). Called by a bigger stack with (99) and see no A, T or diamonds. Finished 8th. Eighth!

Can't complain about cards. Can't see where I am playing poorly. But my results are awful. I think it is time to take a vacation from poker! I am quitting for a while.

Til 5:30 tonight.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

....or till noon tomorrow!!!

With this kind of luck, you are always welcome at my house Mike!!!

Boother

Anonymous said...

mike you are playing on the wrong sites! you would clean up on analtubepoker.com

beerhog

Nik Faldo said...

By noon tomorrow I will be right back at it! Thanks for the invite Boother.

I did not clean up on analtubepoker, but I was cleaned out!

Anonymous said...

You will NEVER:

1) Quit playing poker.
2) Stop playing golf.
3) Stop treating females as equals.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, is this you singing this song, or did you just write it? lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuFV09uviI

747

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg&feature=related better video for you 747

Anonymous said...

http://www.amateur-ratings.com/rate.php?rid=3863

Nik Faldo said...

Fourputt, women are equal and should be all equally serving men to the best of their abilities - and the women know which ones should be in the kitchen, in the bed and pushing the mop.

Matchy said...

Where is the NPP live action @ Boother's recap? Matchy finally lucks into a few greenbacks then gets no love!

Boother thanks for everything, it was a great time. Nothing better than lousy football, cards and good friends!

Nik Faldo said...

You are right Matchy. I forgot that Boother made an NPP game and thus his games qualify as NPP-worthy! lol
I will post something and you all fill in the blanks. I need names (handles) and winners.