Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Matchy Returns to His Winning Ways and Takes the NPP Internet #9

Eight players – great job!!!
I mentioned I was drunk and got sick prior to the poker game. I was hoping to get some sympathy from my buddies and some soft play as a result. Uh, no.

On further review I think it was the chicken wings that made me sick and not the beer. On to the game:

Artic Blast (8th) was the first one out on hand #20. I was not in a ‘follow the action’ frame of mind and I must of wrote down the wrong hand number – so how this happened is a mystery to me. Your humble correspondent hit the ‘stress relieve oil’ much much harder than usual.

Momo (7th) was the next victim as his JJ fell to Rownder’s AK with an Ace on the flop.

Sev4Sev (6th) got the bad beat of the night when his KK loses to Rownder’s JJ with a J on the river.

I was short stacked as usual by this time as I played my usual game. The only difference this time was I always thought I had four cards and two pair every time. I survived one all in with KJ against an A3. JA3 on flop but a K on the river. Whew!

Didn’t help as I was gone (5th) when my AJ ran into Mathcy’s 99 and I did not improve.

Rownder (4th) was next to go with another bad beat of sorts. His KT was raised by Boother with KJ suited. The flop was 32J with two of Boother’s suit. Boother got all of Rownder’s money in by the river where a J appeared.

Cigar4John’s night ended (3rd) when his 55 ran into Matchy’s AA.

That left Matchy and Boother (2nd) and Matchy won it when his AQ caught a Q on the river to take down Boother’s 99.

1st - Matchy
2nd - Boother
3rd - Cigar4John
4th - Rownder
5th - Nik Faldo
6th - Sev4Sev
7th - Momo
8th - Artic Blast

Standings to be posted Friday and Saturday the NPP game posting. – Nik Faldo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also for a new twist I callled for an Omaha Hi-Lo tourney next week boys, so put your thinkin' caps on!

Matchy

Nik Faldo said...

See what happens when you let Matchy win?
You didn't say so I made it limit Omaha Hi/Lo.

Anonymous said...

Tourney says canceled and 3/5 on pokerstars?!
Matchy