Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Nik Finishes 3rd in Jungle Poker Qualifier

Long time between final tables but back I was in this Omaha Pot limit tourney on Jungle Poker. This was a qualifier for a shot at a $1000 first prize on Saturday.

There were 451 entries. On hand #2 I was dealt AKQ5 with the A5 suited. Two players raised before it got to me and I called. But a raising war between 4 players broke out and five of us were all in. I hit my straight and that gave me the chips to control tables the rest of the way.

You may have remembered I qualified for this Jungle Saturday tourney before but missed the tournament. I found out the problem. The qualifier tourney info says the Saturday tourney starts at 17:30 pm - which for those of you in Ann Arbor, MI - means 5:30 pm.

Well, the tournament starts at 4:30 pm - which is the time displayed on the tournament board. This is a major screw up and I don't think the site is aware of it. I'll tell them, and we will see.

Anyway, wish me luck. After I win or get knocked out - I'm heading to Boother's for his game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

17:30 pm?

That must be (5:30 pm) pm.

Doesn't that make it 5:30 am?

No wonder you missed the tourney!