Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sev4Sev Wins NPP Internet Tourney #8

Depressing. Here I am in Cleveland rushing back to the room to play some poker with my buds and only three make it. Well, as Sparky Anderson said, "If they don't want to go, nobody is going to stop them."

Early on Boother and I traded money while 747 was taking Cigar4John's. But on hand #44, C4J got some back. On hand #72 C4J's two pair of aces and jacks beat 747 pair of aces and we were all about back to even.

With the blinds 50/100 the hand that crippled my night was I had QQ and raised 400 and was called by 747. He has something. The flop was a T94 rainbow. 747 makes a 250 bet. I got the overpair and re-raise to 500 to see where I am. I find out as 747 goes all in. Decision time.

I decide he has KK or AA or TT, and fold. He said he had JJ. Nice hand and play by him and a bad read by me. I still have some chips to play with but I will need to double soon or I'm done.

On hand #89, Boother (4th) goes all in with 88 and is called by Cigar4John's AT- suited. John improves and Boother is out.

On hand #102, I get healthy as my all-in with K3 suited beats 747's QJ.

Two hands later I am crippled again as I now have 747 covered and go all in when I spike an Ace on the flop holding A5 with a flop of AJ7. But Sev4Sev is holding J7. Ouch!

I (3rd) survive until hand #111 when my all-in with KJ gets fourflushed when Sev4Sev's 55 makes five clubs.

C4J and 747 are left and C4J has a 3 to 2 lead. Sev4Sev turns it into a 4.5 to 1.5 advantage. 747 has C4 J all in but C4J hits a full house to stay alive - and now only a 2 to 1 dog in chips.

But Cigar4John (2nd) trip 3's loses to 747 Ace-high straight and then C4J's A2 suited loses to Sev4Sev's J7 when it hits two pair. Is that two knock outs with J7????
Congratulations 747.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on a plane back from the Daytona 500, that is why you guys did not get my $5 this week.
Matchy

Nik Faldo said...

Matchy, this is no excuse but it is fixable.
You can see who played - so simply transfer $10 to everyone who played and we'll call it even.
Right guys?

Anonymous said...

Beerhog-I finally read your euchre league/manhood comment and simply had to respond. My sack has produced 3 boys and I got to do something with the old lady once in a while, why not euchre. A hold 'em tourney usually busts out at the end too, thanks to me. Then after we are all liquored up at the end of the night she paints my toenails! And remember, I was not the one who left after a hushed cell phone call about an hour through our last live game. Poor fourputt had to split, but YOU were not even there to see him. I am sure you were changing your oil or cleaning your guns or involved in some other manly pursuit!
Matchy

Anonymous said...

why in the hell am i being dragged into this squabble?

Anonymous said...

I figured I would drag you in 4putt because everyone else does. It just felt right. Boother sent out an email about a game at his house tomorrow (Sat) night, way cooler than Greektown. $100 buyin tourney in Hartland.

Nik Faldo said...

Beerhog, I am going to make Boother's game after I get knocked out of my on-line game.
I'll send you an email.