Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Boother Wins NPP Internet #7

A snowy snowy night. So it was a great night to be indoors and at the felt on Poker Stars with friends. We only had five players this night, which was a shame.

We actually only had four early on as Rownder had computer problems. Rownder swore the puter was heading out to the curb after the game, so Thai Food, swing by there and pick up a curbside 'Fixer upper' before the snow ruins it.

Onto the game:

Matchy (5th) fell first when he flopped a flush holding JT of spades. Unfortunately for him, I was holding A5 of spades. I hate when that happens to me.

Rownder (two 1sts and two 2nds in the last four tourneys) and Momo hooked up next. I think it was a mis-read or Rownder sick of his computer problems as he went all in with A9 suited when an Ace came on the flop. Momo called with AK and when Rownder did not improve, he was crippled.

Rownder's (4th) night ended when Boother took him out a few hands later.

Momo (3rd) was the next out when his KQ ran into my TT.

That left Faldo and Boother. We were fairly close in chips, with Boother having about a 4 to 3 advantage. The crucial hand came when I found myself with a flush draw and an inside straight draw and tried unsuccessfully to get Boother to fold. I had to fold and now I was short stacked.

I went all in (2nd) with 98 and Boother correctly called with KJ and it was over. Nice job Boother!

The next internet game is Feb. 20 - same game (NL Holdem) and same password.

The next NPP live game is March 10 at 6pm. Get the RSVP's in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poker sucks and all it does is make me mad. Now when is the next game? What are the odds of 3 out of 5 guys getting 2 spades, then the next for cards come in spades? The answer is..the odds are good if Matchy has the J, Boother has the K (which he wisely folded) and Nik has the A!
Matchy

Anonymous said...

Question - Why are players like Beerhog, Herbavor and Boother so much better than the rest of us "common folk"?

Nik Faldo said...

Fourputt, you left out Rownder73, who has been also kicking the crap out of us.
But the reason is ....
THEY PLAY!

Anonymous said...

So you are in love with this "Rownder" character?


Geez - get a room together on Eight Mile.

Anonymous said...

sorry for being MIA for many to date. I think I am losing my mind lately. Count me in for the 10th. I am gonna try to make the next tue. online one aswell. (put a sticky note on puter screen already) lmao

7forty7

Anonymous said...

i am out for the 10th. the second saturady of the month is bad for me due to a regularly scheduled tourney i have in white lake. let me know if you guys want to play in it in april. 20 or more dudes with a $120 buy in.
boother