Saturday, February 24, 2007

Nik Finishes 2nd in Bugsy's Club Tourney

Almost my second tournament win on this site. There were 131 entries into this Omaha HiLo/8 Pot Limit tourney.

I survived 5 all-ins in the early going to stay alive. Two of my all-ins were with flush draws and second nut lows. One hit the flush - the other scooped. Two other all-ins, my small trips and small straight survived all callers.
And other one, somehow my two pair and 2nd nut low scooped.

I only won about eight hands in the first two hours. But luckily, they were at the right time.

When we got down to 20 players, I went on a roll. When we got to 15-handed, I called a bully, who was stealing constantly. This was gutsy because they were only paying 12 places and the last 7, not very much. But with A23K, and the Ace suited, I decided to playback big time. He called.

The flop was two of my suit, 45Q. I checked hoping he only had a low and would also check, but he raised the pot and it was decision time. But since my stack was now totally crippled, it was not that tough a decision. I went all in again!

The guy turned over QJTA and no flush. He went all in with a pair of Q's. I have to hit, but he didn't have just a low.

The turn was an 8. Split! The river was a 6! That gave me ammo to take second! Won 5o times my entry fee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey beerhog...in your drunkin stuper last night you forgot your cell phone and swisher sweets at my place. Let me know how and when you want to pick them up.

Boother

Anonymous said...

He almost left his 4th place winnings on your table as well, after he was done fanning the bills in my face. Congrats on cashing Hog, but was there any coke in that Jack and coke?
Matchy

Anonymous said...

I saw that on the ch. 7 news tonight hog! It said they think the house was lit up as a cover up! How far is that from your place?
Matchy

Anonymous said...

i will be home on tues night after 6:00. don't plan on coming too late or it will be too close to game time!!!

Boother