Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Online Poker Sites and Financial Processors: Who Raised and Who Folded?

I have received definitive confirmation from Card Player Magazine that the following companies are NOT pulling out of the United States:

Absolute Poker (I have funds)
Bodog Poker
Doyle Brunson Network (Platinum Poker – I have funds)
Doyle’s Room
Full Tilt Poker (I have funds)
Full Contact Poker
Poker Stars (I have funds)

I have determined that Bugsy’s Club (I have funds), The Gaming Club (I have funds), Jungle Poker and World Poker Exchange (I have funds) are still operating for US Customers.

However, I still took my money out of Jungle Poker as they are a small site and I got worried. I also exited Bo Dog Poker. Not because I was worried, but because I just don’t like the software and their tourneys are all expensive. I may go back.

Card Player also has it on good authority that Ultimate Bet’s intention is to accept US customers. As a matter of fact, many of these sites have rewarded US players by offering specials for their customers.

I logged on to Ultimate Bet (I have funds) and there did not seem to be any problems there either.

Paradise Poker closed my account but allowed me to withdraw my funds. They did not send me an email so get there if you have money there and get it out. You have until November 13th, 2006.

Royal Vegas Poker also sent me a notice telling me they were closing, but I did not have any funds there any longer. They use the same skin as The Gaming Club, so I am surprised The Gaming Club is still open to US players.

Financial Processors: Who’s In and Who’s Out?

NETeller’s decision to stay in the US has been confirmed. In case any of Card Player’s readers missed it, the decision was reported in the Wall Street Journal:

“A NETeller PLC executive said the British company, which handles payments for online gambling companies and others, will continue to operate in the US, despite the recent passage of antigambling legislation.”

At about the same time NETeller made its decision to continue, FirePay sent a letter to all its customers saying that the moment President Bush signs the bill, FirePay will decline purchase transactions with online gaming sites.

Bottom line to all this is: I have been to 208 poker sites.

The best site is Poker Stars and the safest site is Poker Stars. All of the player’s money is in a separate account from Poker Star’s finances. If Poker Stars closed tomorrow all money in player’s accounts could be refunded without a problem.

The safest internet bank to use for transfer to Poker Stars is Net Teller. I have never had an issue in several years of moving funds to and from Net Teller. – Nik Faldo

No comments: