Monday, October 30, 2006

The NPP 747 Open Drew the Most Players!

Seven battle ready NPP regulars squared off. For you NPP readers not getting in the action, you are missing a great time. Fourputt - according to the Man Laws carved in stone - redeemed himself for missing last week's internet game by making this one in spite of a vasectomy earlier in the day! That is NPP spirit.

The guys - being the buddies that they are - all volunteered to service his bride while he recovers. Fourputt was overwhelmed with the generous nature of his poker buddies.

On to the action:

In a very unsporting kick to the nads, SpartanToJo in his first appearance in this on-line specatular, disposes of the hairless and sore sack of Davethedog (Fourputt) - when his AJ took out Fourputt's AT when they both flopped their lower card on the flop. Dave must of retired to the ice bag, as we heard no more from him.

Sparty almost took me out and should of when his AK lost to my AT. I was running low and made a move when we both flopped an Ace. I spiked a T on the turn. (I got a Tolly card finally!)

Hlam (Herbavor) then crippled the last tourney winner 747 when his KQ of spades somehow bested 747's AJ of spades when a Q hit the board.

Beerhog came back from the dead when his 98s hit a straight against Sparty's 44. Notice the run of lower hands beating the better hands?

Beerhog picked up more chips from the tourney leader when his A9 beat Sparty's A8.

Beerhog then took out the short stacked 747, guaranteeing a different champion tonight.

Louanna got back in the hunt when his 88 beat Sparty's A3.

Hlam bit the dust when he hit two pair with his T7 against Sparty's AA. But a pair of 8's also hit the board and it was goodbye Herbavor.

Beerhog continued his run of cards and luck as he knocks out Louanna (Thai Food) when he spikes a J with AJ against Louanna's AK. Ouch! I officially demand the cards turn for Thai Food from this point forward. The poker Gods have been pooping in Thai Food's plate lately. His cards have been running hot - but sour.

That left three and I did it again! I got froggy with nothing and said good night when my QT lost to Sparty's A9.

Beerhog got a bad break when he flops a K holding K2 and moves in, just to get called by Sparty's AA! Congrats SpartanToJo!

1st = SpartanToJo
2nd = Beerhog
3rd = Nik Faldo
4th = Louanna
5th = Hlam
6th = Sev4TSev
7th = Davethedog

We had two suggestions - one is to have the next game on Thursday.
Second to have the game at 9pm. I'm going to make an executive decision and grant both requests, since I saw no objections at the table.

Next on-line tourney (NPP #4) will be on November 9 at 9pm, only two days from the next NPP game. The password will the '2ofclubs'. #34826702

Other exciting news - Thai Food is investigating 'rake free' tourneys at the World Poker Exchange. He will keep up informed I'm sure. - Nik Faldo

6 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

Beerhog asked about making one of the internet tourneys a HORSE tourney. Great idea but Poker Stars does not offer that in a private tournament yet.

It offers:
Holdem No Limit
Holdem Limit
Omaha No Limit
Omaha Limit
Omaha Hi/lo Limit

Open to suggestions - and does anyone want a permanent Monday game (since it was the high vote night by a landslide) and a floating Thursday - Friday game?

I would like to put back the Monday game and add the Thursday game this week at Fourputt's suggestion.

But much like the monthly Saturday game - RECRUITMENT is key! The more players we have - the more people want in the game.

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I am VERY impressed with your prognostication skills! It was fascinating to see that you correctly predicted not only the order that the players would exit the tourney, but also the hands that would put them out. All of this posted an hour and twenty-three minutes before the game even started!

posted by Nik Faldo @ 7:07 PM

You should live in Vegas with those skills and quit your day job. ( I remember that you're pretty well versed in quitting jobs...)

Nik Faldo said...

My webmaster Fourputt is too busy reading Karl Marx passages on job protection and unionism to do his job correctly and fix the date and clock on this blog.

That is what I get by going down to the Computer Nerd union hall and being assigned the highest seniority schlep still clutching bunched up hanging chad ballots that he forgot to stuff for Al Gore.

If I did know the proper order ahead of time, I am sure I am smart enough to at least have got 2nd.

Maybe not - I hired Fourputt at union scale didn't I?

Anonymous said...

I'm working on it!!!

Geez, icing the groin after taking the little one out for Halloween does not leave much time.

Nik Faldo said...

Yep, I forgot. This is a huge work night for fathers with little ones.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I added some fucking functionality to the fucking NPP calendar. Stop bitching now your cow fuckers.

I guess remembering 8:30 every fucking Monday night is just too fucking much for certain lazy-ass dickwads.

There goes the fucking G-rating for this piece-of-donkey-shit free blog.

If the NPP host would fucking pay for a fucking hosted fucking site I would not have to fucking hack into the piece-of-shit tools these free fucking blogsites have.