Monday, October 16, 2006

Nik Wins the NPP Tourney Kickoff

Well the fix was not in, but I know it sure smells like it when the sponsor of the tourney wins the first one.

Louanna ran into the Dog's AA.
Beerhog's AK ran into Dog's KK.
Bronco76 ousted Beerhog a long while later as Beerhog battled gamely short-stacked.
I eliminated my son with a flush and a while later with trip 7's to his two pair.

That left the heads up to Fourputt and me. My A5 flopped two pair to best his A8. Last time Fourputt and I locked horns heads up, he won at NPP for the tourney win, so I owed him this!

Final order of finish:

mikeniks = Nik Faldo
davethedog = Fourputt
bronco76 = Faldo Jr.
Beerhog = As himself
Louanna = Nicky "thai food"

hlam14 (Herbavor), matchy and tigercub all stopped by to watch the action. I guess they had a little trouble finding backers. With that line-up of 5 killers, it was no wonder no one backed them.

Guys, get your requests in for proper funding for the next tournament, Oct. 23. Remember, NPP transfer fees are a tiny 400%.

The goal is a full table of nine players for the one next Monday night.
Besides the three players above, we may have

Cigar4John
Gridlock
7Forty7
Tojo

Like to see this grow to 18 players, but 9 every week would be just fine.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all you winners.
Herbie, I noticed you were asking for a transfer at the table, registration was closed so I wouldn't have been any help, besides, how was I suppose to know hlam14 was really you. Also I just now noticed that you were on the blog asking for a transfer; I don't have Nik's blog forwarding messages to my pager. Call me next time.
Where was Tommy, Larry, Jimmy, Charlie, and the rest of the guys?
Maybe next week.
Mike, have you contacted all these guys, send them some emails, and try calling them during your lunch break.
How many NPP pts do we need for, say, a voucher for a free Big Gulp, Movie Passes, Free Pizza delivery, or maybe even a case of beer. I'm confident NPP players would be delighted to see such a selection of fine merchandise.

Anonymous said...

Kelly Clarkson's catchy song

Anonymous said...

Just in case the rest of you guys are not familiar with pokerstars (I was not) you can't simply buy chips with a Visa or MC. I tried like 5 different ones last night and they all came back declined because the issuers do not allow online gaming. You have to set up a neteller account thru a regular bank account and transfer $ that way.
Now a question for you online pros, can your neteller account be used @ different gaming sites, and can you transfer green back into your own account?

Thanks, Matchy (I will accept this as my nickname)

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Nik. Dave, I'm happy to see you place in the money. (Don't expect that to repeat.)

Hey, I came across this movie list in Playboy. I found it interesting that it matches the top ten movie lists a few of you guys have talked about being yours at NPP.

# 10 - The Notebook
# 9 - Sleepless in Seattle
# 8 - Fried Green Tomatoes
# 7 - Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
# 6 - Dirty Dancing
# 5 - The Bridges of Madison County
# 4 - Bridget Jones's Diary
# 3 - Steel Magnolias
# 2 - Ghost
# 1 - Beaches

The top ten worst guy movies.

Herbavor

Memo: Playboy is a man's magazine with pictorials and articles about naked hot women.

Anonymous said...

The pizza was very good, was KK, AA the only two hands Dave won. ..

was that the longest 5 man tourney in history of poker? My God what a bunch of ------

Bronco don't limp shortstacked with AQ when your dad is BB with 5 2......

Matchy- yes, yes to both questions,

Anonymous said...

I've seen three of those movies.
Sleepless was fair.
Dirty Dancing was ok.
The Bridges was very good.
I have the Diary, but haven't seen it yet, I hope it's good, I hate watching poopy movies.

Nik Faldo said...

Matchy - Net Teller is accepted on every poker site and the funds move:

Bank - Net Teller - Poker Site

Back and forth with ease.

Of course with my play the money only goes one way; Bank to NT to PS to players on the site.

I never see it again.

Nik Faldo said...

Dave - I got you covered buddy.

NO!!! - Fourputt won other hands!

I remember both of them distinctly!

The pots were for $60 and $90.

See Dave. I stuck up for you.

Anonymous said...

I don't know when the dog had that commanding chip lead he sure played tentative, his wife was probably watching, had his nuts in a vice........

Nik Faldo said...

From what I understand, Fourputt was giving the little lady with the testicle lock box a foot rub and she was playing in his place.

She only plays with cowboys or when flopping the nuts!

Anonymous said...

Beerhog was being mean in the chat comments and he hurt people's feelings.

Nik - kick him out of the next one. He's a meanie.