Monday, October 23, 2006

7Forty7 Wins NPP Internet Classic #2

We had six players this time - one up from last time.

Fourputt was a no - show. Actually, he was a withdraw since he was registered at one time. Pad must have been leaking or maybe he broke a nail. Anyway, he stopped by but gave no reason for being AWOL. His brother CigarJohn was having his bikini wax done on game night and missed also.

On to the action:

I busted Louanna out when he unhappily got QQ when I had KK. He and Hlam got short-stacked as Beerhog got a run of full houses!

Beerhog uncerimoniously eliminated the new guy Mikemach32 when his TT outlasted Machy's flush draw which failed.

Hlam survived one all in pushing in with T9 and beating Beerhog's K3.

But 7forty7 finally took Hlam out lost as his A3 ran into AK.

I misread Beerhog for a bluff and pushed all in with K9 when the flop was J94. Beerhog had KJ. That crippled me and I went out on the next blind.

Beerhog pulled even with 7forty7 when his AA survived QT for 7forty7 and a flop of 6QT. But a six on the turn gave Beerhog the bigger two pair.

It ended when Beerhog's AJ got cracked by 7forty7's J9 when they both paired the J on the flop and went all in, but a 9 spiked on the river.

1st - Sev-4T-Sev
2nd - Beerhog
3rd - mikeniks
4th - hlam
5th - mikemach32
6th - Louanna

Next tourney already posted for next Monday night. Same time - same password.

Nik's Poker Palace Classic #3 - The 747 Open!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same Bat Channel ?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed breaking my internet gambling cherry, even though I lost. The action is much faster, my only complaint was I had a hard time determining the amount of bets people were making until the action was on me. You can sure fit alot of hands in a small amount of time, and I am not used to thinking so quickly, but I will get used to it. I will work on getting your $ back today or tomorrow Nik.
mike

Nik Faldo said...

Matchy, I am pretty sure the amount that was bet is listed by where your 'call' button is.

If not you can put your cursor over the chips on the table and the amount there will show up.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to 747!!!

Nik Faldo said...

Well, my NT is funded thru a money market account, which I guess is a savings/checking account. Thanks for the input.

I'll have to fix the post.

How much you can win for 1st depends on how many people get in.

We had six last tourney (entry $11) and 1st place got back $30 for a $19 profit.

I finished 3rd for $1 profit.

The more guys the bigger the pool, but the bigger the pool, the more sharks are swimming around.

Anonymous said...

Golf resident can expect to win jack squat.

Anonymous said...

I play because I am good. I play because I am handsome. I play because all the girls want me even more. Ah, who am I kidding?!?!?

Nik Faldo said...

I did not write the one before this one. Who did?

Anonymous said...

I intend on cashing in this Monday's online tourney. Thought y'all would wanna know. :-P