Thursday, March 18, 2010

The State of Niks Poker Palace Address

The NPP Tournament Committee (NPPTC), much like Congress (but without the salary and super healthcare, pension for life and exemption from the laws and the Constitution), has ordered Faldo to give a State of NPP address.

Are they just information hungry or are they planning a coup? All those discussions they have with Tiffany in the secret NPP stripclu…uh, headquarters, just meant to me that they were asking for her phone or asking how many girls did she have in her posse? I said posse and I meant posse.

Tiffany threatened to take my reserved parking space if I did not follow thru. She always listens to them and not me. Do you think that tipping thing is why Tiffany pays them so much attention and ignores Faldo? Naw, can’t be. I’m Faldo.

Anyway, the NPP league has never been better! Our average tourney participation is up from last year at this time by five players (20 to 25). This is in spite of the non-participation of many of the great players from the annals of NPP lore. I said annals and I meant annals.

It means “from the records” for those of you from the public school system. What a league we would have if some of the great players from the past would re-join and challenge the incredibly talented players still in the league!

The number of participants per quarter is up to 54 and getting close to the max of 64. The NPPTC holds it to that amount – if everyone entered some evening (twss) – so the evening tourney would never take more than four hours.

The email list of players is supposed to be held to 72, but Faldo has expanded it to 100. But it can and may start fluctuating between 64 and 100. NPP does not want to email players who are not reading the blog or no longer interested in the league.

On the downside, Faldo is busier than a one-armed paper hanger with poison ivy. It is harder to post everyday and there may occasionally be gaps. Please forgive me. I would much rather be drinking a beer and writing this blog sitting on my deck than traveling around. I said deck and I meant deck.

Readership of the blog moved from an average of 30 hits a day to close to 50, and occasionally we get 100. The NPPTC would like to see the average hits per day be double what the league total is. Which leads me to the other downside.

The “Comments” and “emails” except for a few of you have dried up. NPP would like your active participation in making the blog better.

The NPPTC has noticed that adding pictures to the blog increases traffic as it must make up for my rancid writing. I said rancid and I meant rancid.

For those of you from the public school system, have someone look that one up for you in a dictionary. A dictionary is a …..nevermind!

PS: The NPP second quarter will be 13 weeks of play and starts next week! Tell anyone you know who has considered joining to be here next week. I will try to get emails out too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have not fear Mike, even though my attendance at the Tuesday night tourney has been non-existent, I am still a faithful reader of the blog!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Boother

Matchy said...

I am also a reader. I think one problem is the live vs. internet players. We don't talk because we don't know each other. Faldo you are the only one in the NPP stable who tends to go both ways (live and interenet of course!). Maybe a few of you guys who are local can show up some night at my house for a poker game? And one of these tuesdays I just might throw my hat in the ring at P*'s.
I swear the blog would be better if each post did not disappear after the next, it hinders discussion. If we could get a front page board with content and number of replies that would be way cool, but probably expensive.

Anonymous said...

Don't kid yourself Matchy. He goes both ways outside of poker. At least that's what Dave tells me.....

Beerhog

Nik Faldo said...

If Davethedog did not have dishpan hands, he could tend to his blog duties.
And Dave only shows up at the NPP Tourney meetings on dancer amateur night - as a contestant.
They still don't let him dance even though his estrogen level is high enough to pass olympic testing.