Friday, March 05, 2010

NPP’ers Fourbetbluff and ThePunk75 Score it Big!

Of course they score big. They are NPP’ers! (twss)

They sent me the reports! First Fourbetbluff:

“Hey Faldo, I final tabled a $10 KO MTT on Full Tilt Tuesday night also. Here is the final hand.

All action was folded to the SB who was next short stack next to me. He shoved I woke up with 55 in the BB. Good enough! I was in good shape to double up and almost KO a player when he showed 95 off - until the unwanted 9 hit the turn.

OOPS. I'm out! It was a good run. I would have loved to take down the $1,800 1st place. Next time for sure, but I'll do with 20x my buy in cash.

Also this week, Electric Stick in Westland is having their big "Winter Series of Poker" tournament $300 buy in 2-day event. I'll be playing day 1 on Friday. Play thru Level 11 and then everyone from all day 1's return Sunday at 7pm. if the tourney fills up, should have close to 50K prize pool! Decent structure, 25k starting stack...

Take care, and I'll be reading the blog.”
4bb

Then I get this from ThePunk75!

“Hi Faldo,

I go from card dead for nearly the entire tournament to a 2 way chop for first.

The Electric Stick is one of the biggest charity poker rooms around these days. Its popularity has exploded the past 6 months and it is my current room of choice.
The Stick offers probably the most tournament play for your buck.

Every night is a mega deep stack with different buy-ins. I play there a couple nights a week on Wednesday night. For $30 you get 20,000 tournament chips. Not a bad deal.

First hand 76 in BB flopped open ended straight draw and "chased it down to river when my 10 hit" Got a nasty look from the lady who paid me off on it.

Pretty much after that I was card dead and perhaps I have never been so card dead that I probably played 3 hands in the first two hours. Ironically I won 2 of those and chopped the other.

Those 3 winning hands kept me at or slightly above my starting stack while I was folding 95% of my other hands. Eventually with the blinds going up I was getting eaten alive. With my frustraion level growing, I had to make a move. In SB with 6d5d, had two limpers from early and button, so I called, BB checked flop of [Ad Jd X?].

Being first to act and frustrated I shoved. Honestly no one raised pre-flop so it was unlikely I was against a strong hand and that play could get a weak ace to fold. I got called from the early limper.

I said "I hope you don't have that flush draw as I show mine" he turns over J10 with no diamonds. A king on turn and the Queen of diamonds on river gave me my flush and unfortunately for him made his straight.

A nice double up for me. Later again short stacked from blind pillaging I was on button with A8 and facing a raise from middle position. I was all-in with a call. Again I was under 10 bb so it was time to gamble.

I call, saying I need a 3 outer. I was right he shows AK vs my A8. Flop 467, not bad for me, turn was my 8. Another double up.

Couple hands later I get A10 in cutoff. I raise 3xBB which puts BB all in with less. He shows J10 and a disgusted look as he is dominated. A flop of [J 10 X] and he is ahead. But that beautiful Ace on river and I am back in business with some chips to play with.

Now its blind steal time as my all-in pre-flop in position keep me afloat while we dwindle down to FT bubble time. Literally the chip and chair theory was proven as one player had one chip left and survived four straight all-ins to make the Final Table.

The bubble finally bursts and we get to the Final Table. I'm sitting there and have no idea how I got there, I had exactly 2 pocket pairs pre-flop (55 twice) and folded them both times. Had AK once, and chopped that pot. Again I might of played 7-8 hands the whole tournament.

At FT I have about 90k in chips and draw BB to start which I immediately object to - to no avail. Blinds at 10k/20k, so I need a double up fast. First hand Js10s, UTG raises to like 100k. I call thinking my J10 are live against his obvious AK. I was right he turns over AK, a Jack on the flop is the winner for me.

Again with chips to play with I can steal some blinds as the players tighten up hoping to move up the money ladder. After a couple eliminations I finally walked into a big pocket pair with QQ which held and added to a suddenly growing stack.

On the button with A5 suited I raise all in, BB thinking the live cards/ coin flip is in order he calls with K6, and he doesn’t hit either. We get down to 4 players left and I’m third in chips against 2 monster stacks and a SS.

And now the cards hit me, A8 in SB which I bully the small stack in BB with a raise of all my 25k chips. "I raise this stack" is what I say.

Very next hand 44 raise 3 x BB to take down the blinds, very next hand JJ bigger raise, take down the blinds. The SS is finally out and we are down to three.

I get 10 9 in BB and the SB calls. Flop come A 10 3, SB min bets 40k, I raise to 200K, he looks at board shakes his head and folds. "Thought you had an ace" he says. I say I wish I did as I show my 10. Very next hand I get 9d7d in SB, button calls, BB checks.

Flop comes [6d 10h 4d], I check, BB checks, button min bets, I check-raise all in, BB folds, Button sits there thinking, he counts his chips, I have him covered - barely. He calls, He shows As4c - bottom pair. The Qd on turn is the backbreaker for him.

I now have nearly 1 million in chips and have surpassed the other monster stack. AMAZING! The tournament ended right there as we agreed to chop 1st and 2nd place money, which was almost 20x the buyin. Not bad

One crazy tournament as I got to final table making one straight(first hand of tourney) and one flush. I never hit a set as the only pocket pairs I had I folded, anytime I had an ace which seemed fairly rare I never flopped an ace to go with it. I never made 2 pair, I only flopped top pair twice (1 chop, 1 win).

It was all about timing and patience and perhaps two lucky rivers.”

Nice job guys and thanks for the reports!

No comments: