Friday, May 01, 2009

Douge2's Humor Corner III

So, what's the REAL DEAL With Golf?

"It took me 22 years to get 2,873 hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course."
-- Babe Ruth

"Give me the fresh air, a beautiful partner, and a nice round of golf and you can keep the fresh air and the round of golf."
-- Jack Benny

"These greens are so fast I have to hold my putter above the ball and hit it with the shadow."
-- Sam Snead

"You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husbands works."
-- Lee Trevino

"I'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced!"
-- Lee Trevino

"Golf is not a game, it's bondage. It was obviously devised by a man torn with guilt, eager to atone for his sins."
-- Unknown

"[Players today] throw their clubs backwards, and that's dead wrong to do! ... You should always throw a club ahead of you so that you don't have to walk any extra distance to get it."
-- Tommy Bolt

"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at."
-- Jimmy Demaret


An Asset is a Down Economy

A middle-aged man walked into a drug store and asked to talk to a male
pharmacist. The elderly woman he was talking to said that she was the
pharmacist and as she and her also widowed elderly sister owned the
store, there were no males employed there. She then asked if she could
help the gentleman.

The guy said that it was something that he would be much more
comfortable discussing with a male pharmacist.

The female pharmacist assured him that she was completely professional
and whatever it was that he needed to discuss, he could be confident that
she would treat him with the highest level of professionalism.

The man agreed relented by saying, "This is tough for me
to discuss, but I have a permanent erection. It causes me a lot of problems
and severe embarrassment, and I was wondering what you could give me for it.

The pharmacist said, "Just a minute, I'll go talk to my sister.

When she returned, she said, "We discussed it at length and the absolute
best we can do is, 1/3 ownership in the store, a company car, and $3,000
a month plus living expenses."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Players today) Should not throw their clubs at all, unless their going for the whirly bird record.
What do you think Faldo?

Bigbrimar

Anonymous said...

My grandfather told me that a black man will be president when pigs fly.

100 days into it and swine flu.


beerhog

Nik Faldo said...

Throwing clubs? Getting mad on the golf course?
I'm sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about Bigbri.