Monday, May 11, 2009

ThePunk75 Wins Sunday Tourney at Pokertown in Westland

On weekends and some select week days I play live at the Pokertown charity room in Westland.

This past weekend Friday, Sat and Sun, I was drop-kicking the donks every night. All three nights were $10 rebuy tourney with a $20 add-on at break. All three nights had 2 table tourneys.

That’s what I like about this room smaller field sizes. Some other local rooms are bigger and flashier but you have to maneuver a much larger field and eventually the donks will get you. And they always do.

Friday I ended up heads up and took 2nd.

On Saturday got down to 3 of us, flopped a full house in BB with Q2 , flop was Q22, turn 5, got action from both players on turn after a checked flop. SB checks, I check, button bets, SB calls, I check raise all in, button folds SB calls with pockets 5's for a bigger full house. Once again how do you flop a full house and lose... happens to me seems all the time.

On Sunday, got to FT and was middle of the pack and got chipped up quickly on my AQ vs A2, then calling the big stack (at the time) all in my AK vs his AJ. After that I took the chip lead and picked off the smaller stacks relatively quickly. Got down to heads up and I had a massive chip lead and eventually got the all-in my KK vs. 22 (winner!!!!!).

If any of you are in the area I highly recommend this room. Very friendly staff, its run well and the owners and dealers know everyone by name. – The Punk75

1 comment:

Nik Faldo said...

Well, not all the donks were there. I have not played there yet!

Congratulations Punk!