Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sev4TSev Repeats – Wins NPP Internet Tourney #14

Proving #13 is not unlucky; Sev4TSev beat the star studded NPP tournament group for two victories in a row in tournament #14.

Dave the Dog (6th) was the first casualty on hand #20 as his JJ ran into Matchy’s A3 when an A landed on the flop.

Boother (5th) had the hard luck of his KK running into my AA to get crippled and then on hand #55, his 88 ran into my QQ. A bad time for two good hands.

My own evening was a roller coaster of accumulating chips and nice hands, just to see Sev4TSev take them away with better ones. I lost to the eventual tourney champ in all three of our showdowns as my trips, two pair and pair of aces lost to a straight, a flush and two pair on the turn.

Matchy (4th) got knocked out with 88 as Sev4TSev AJs made the flush on the river. Not exactly a bad beat as the situation is a coin flip anyway.

Rownder was low chip stack but got healthy on a hand #73 flop of 37J of spades. I had KK, Sev4TSev had 37 and Rownder had KQ - of spades!

I became low stack after my 3rd showdown loss to Sev4TSev. Guess he “has no idea what I am doing over here”. (Inside joke. Had to be at the last NPP game)

I (Nik Faldo – 3rd) went out on hand #80 when my desperation all-in with 88 fell to Rownder’s A9 when a 9 fell on the flop.

Rownder (2nd) and Sev4TSev battled for a while, but 747 whittled Rownder down and took him out with AA when Rownder flopped a pair a tens and he had to go all – in.

Nice job Sev4TSev! Two in a row!

1st – Sev4TSev
2nd – Rownder
3rd – Nik Faldo
4th – Matchy
5th – Boother
6th – Dave the Dog

On a different subject, The Wall has dropped out of NPP and the 4Putt Open in Mt. Pleasant on June 7, 8, 9, and 10. That leaves a spot in the 4some of Dave the Dog, Hlam and me. The cost is around $400 for four days of golf, poker, cigars and steaks. Let me know if anyone wants in.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Boother, Nik and myself all went down with 88. I guess great minds think alike!
Matchy

Anonymous said...

Got an update for Saturday's game?

Who's running this blogger anyways?

Herbavor

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I didn't go down on, or with, anyone!!!

Boother

Anonymous said...

come on boys sev4sev winning back to back, what has happened to the level of play if 747 wins two in a row.......

As for golf I'm in if I can room with herb and dave...ohhhlala can't wait

Nik Faldo said...

For Saturday, I got 747 and me so far. The usual suspects have cancelled (part-timers).
It doesn't look good for the game.

Anonymous said...

88 means all 3 of us had pocket 8's. Not that I really care but does Tolly play under 747's name? I have heard rumblings about this like 3 times now. Also Nik I won't be able to play every month no matter what but for what its worth the 2nd Sat of the month is usually bad for myself and Boother for a "brick and mortar" game.

Nik Faldo said...

I don't know who is rumbling, but I never banned Tolly from the internet game. Poker Stars banned Tolly from Poker Stars.
Tolly used Thai Food's sign in name from Tolly's computer and that got Thai Food banned.
If Tolly is playing under 747, he most likely is playing from 747's house or maybe the two of them are playing as one.
I don't think any of this is true. Sev4TSev has enough game on his own to kick our butts.
Tolly is Boother level talent however.

Anonymous said...

Just to set it straight, 747 and tolly are not the same person nor does tolly play under 747's name. I should know, I am the real 747. I wish tolly could play but he got banned by PS. I didn't hear any rumbling, did I miss something? And next time someone has a rumbling about it, just ask. I'll tell you who I am. I have nothing to hide. 747

Nik Faldo said...

I agree with all that - except about the something to hide part.

I would hide the fact you borrow Beerhog's Brokeback Mountain's Director's Cut CD.

Anonymous said...

Can't Tolly weasel in under a new user name somehow? It would be cool to have another playa aboard. Also I am not trying to knock you 747, sorry if it looked that way. In fact props to you on some recent excellent play! I noticed after you busted a couple of weeks ago someone typed good game Tolly in the comment box. Then there was hog's comment above, that is all. Anyway, it's fun to keep the internets drama going here at the NPP!
Matchy

Anonymous said...

"Tolly is Boother level talent however"....I'm not sure how to take this comment?!?!?! Being mentioned in the same sentence as a banned player may be a good thing??

Boother - not Tolly

Nik Faldo said...

All I can say is that Tolly is an excellent card player - ring and tournament.

Beerhog, I will give you a call this weekend about the 4Putt Open.

Anonymous said...

What is next week's game??

I vote for NL Hold 'Em!!

Momo

Anonymous said...

Tolly sucks!!!!!!!! it just that most of the players at Absolute Poker suck even worse.........

Matchy I tried to weasel in under a new name, created a new acct. from my dads house logged on at my house and was flagged( not to be confused with FAGGED) then I played from my home under louannas name in the biggest tourney to that date i think 8 or 9 players and proceded to tolly out( meaning caught a bunch of rivers) but what the hell its GAMBLING right, That got Nik D. flagged (I'm sure he would've rather been fagged though)
So now Ive been spending my Tuesdays at re runs of Brokeback Mountain!!!

Anonymous said...

Tolly you need to get a new internet service provider because they fagged you by your ip address. Sign up for some shitty $9.99 per mo. dialup! By the way I hope some royal and ancient NPP fence is being mended.
While we are talking Tolly if you got a minute, could you elaborate on what the hell one has to do to get kicked off p-stars not once but twice?
Matchy

Anonymous said...

nasty e-mails to support and also telling PS that I would never play their site again, they have good security. I have done the apoligizing route and everything, they are set in their ways.....

going through the trouble of getting new IP address just to play in the weekly 5 dollar tourney NO THANKS,I am fine with ABSOLUTE for my Poker needs..

Plus I have won the last two playing as 747!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You didnt actually think that was 747