Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ThePunk75 Wins to Take the Early Lead in Qtr #3

Only fifteen made it to post for opening night of NPP. The weather didn’t cooperate. It was so beautiful outside. I’m in a hotel room after work, so I was good to go.

Yecats423 and her hubby xxxKdogxxx registered for the tourney, but never showed up. I will try to get a report for us all as to why.

Tigercub8189 missed because of his wife’s surgery. She is doing fine and will be home in a day or two.

They don’t have internet in the room Tiger???? No priorities, I guess.

At least we got to welcome back TresStooges to the NPP felt.

On to the action:

10 min: Douge2 (15th). Missed it because I was busy mis-playing my own hand.
20 min: A rare double knockout as Eyekall in the small blind with (9s 4s) gets all kind of action on a 3-spade flop with the [As] in it and a SS (short-stacked) Derf-63 (14th) holding (A5), and a SS Wingsfancurt (13th) with (A3).

44 min: T3chlady (12th) sees her (JJ) get run over by K9isadog’s (AQ) with an [A] on the flop.
51 min: Funtoon (11th) gets the “bad beat” of the night as his (KK) loses to the LittleRedElf’s (Ac Tc) club flush.

60 min: Yecats423 (10th) blind bubbles out and I miss Theedouble*d’s (9th) exit on the other table as we shrunk to one table right at the break.

1st break:
K9isadog 4470
LittleRedElf 4465
ThePunk75 3850
Eyekall 3495
Tomservo2 3405
TresStooges 2330
Mikeniks-Faldo 370
XxxKdogxxx 115 (sitting out)

Let me set up the situation. Everyone knows how much NPP points mean – at least to Faldo. I am going to be the button the first hand after the break. XxxKdogxxx is to my left and will survive one lap. This means Faldo will have to throw away seven hands, including my blinds once if I want to basically sit out and guarantee myself 7th. But that will leave me with only a little more chips than Kdog has now. Not good.

I would never consider that option of just sitting out. The difference in spots is only one (1) point, so if Faldo gets a hand, I have to go. But Faldo is confused and a little tilted at this point. I feel have no idea what to play (nonsense of course I still do) – and here is why.

Since T3chlady got knocked out, Faldo has been card dead – sort of. I have folded the usual crap that you can’t really play if you are the big stack, let alone hanging on by a finger nail. But every time I fold a (93), the flop came [993] – with action! Faldo probably flopped ten winners out of 15 hands with the garbage hands folded.

PokerStars is torturing Faldo. In reality, it does not matter – and I know it - but seeing it still made me cringe as I sit there with a low chip count.

Meanwhile, the (Kd Qd) and (JsTs) I am only getting are seeing a flop of [884] and two hearts. Stuff like that. This has dwindled my stack down to next to nothing. Mentally I am thinking - it’s over.

To pump myself up, I announce to the table that my comeback will commence. The laughing was heard all the way to Indianapolis – trust me.

Well, lucky for me as it turned out – the junk continued to flow. And it kept hitting – sort of. I folded (T6) and the flop came [TT3] with two hearts! Faldo was not happy until a 4-flush came and I would have been out if I had played it.

Then I folded a few more SS “must shove” hands, like (Q3) and a [QQ] turned and rivered! However, the flop had a [5] in it and ThePunk75 it turned out had (55) for a boat. I would have been out again! Another correct lay down that actually worked out.

65 min: xxxKdogxxx (8th) My folding saved me.

Finally, Faldo had to play (QsTs) and hit two pair and then (Ac 4c) and paired the [A] to survive. The “comeback” was on!

74 min: Eyekall (7th) sees his (QQ) run into LittleRedElf’s (AA).
86 min: SS TresStooges (6th) goes with (33) and a SS Mikeniks-Faldo calls with (Ah 4h), and hits an [A] on the flop.

90 min: A SS Tomservo2 (5th) goes with (A7), but cannot catch LittleRedElf’s (22).
92 min: K9isadog (4th) goes with (KJ) and cannot catch ThePunk75’s (AQ).

A long battle ensues with Faldo almost taking 2nd place in chips against these two sharks. Almost.

117 min: Finally, Mikeniks-Faldo (3rd) goes with (Ks Js), but ThePunk75 has (Ac 5c).

2nd break:
ThePunk75 19100
LittleRedElf 3400

124 min: LittleRedElf (2nd) has to go with (94) and a flop of [AJ4], but ThePunk75 is holding (J6).
Congratulations to ThePunk75 on his league lead!

1st – ThePunk75 24 pts
2nd – LittleRedElf 19 pts
3rd – Mikeniks-Faldo 15 pts
4th – K9isadog 12 pts
5th – Tomservo2 9 pts
6th – TresStooges 7 pts
7th – Eyekall 5 pts
8th – xxxKdogxxx 4 pts
9th – Theedouble*d 3 pts

Standings and totals are on the right side of the blog.

3 comments:

Absea98 said...

atieseseCongrats on the win Punk75! Suetman and I are riding our Polaris Rangers in the mountains of Tennessee with the PRC rally, so we could make the game tonight. See you all next week!

absea98 said...

Duh, so we could NOT make the game tonight. (sigh)

Unknown said...

It was Kdogs Birthday, and the PrimeRib Dinner took way to long...but was awful yummy.

I happily logged in to see I still final tabled.

LOL... I have often wondered if I would do better if I just let myself blind out instead of donking my chips off...