Friday, June 25, 2010

The Faldo Challenge…Turn $9.02 into......uh, More Than That

Poker pros on other sites have tried this. Daniel Negreanu had one on PokerStars to turn $10 into $10,000. Chris Ferguson is trying to go from $0 to $10,000 on Full Tilt.

On-line stars have attempted challenges and announced them on blogs. Boku87 announced he will try to turn $5 into $100,000.

Well, I have decided to try to build $9 into a higher amount. I can’t say how much the goal is or set a deadline to complete the challenge. It will go until I get tired of it – or lose the money.

Here is how this idea happened. Ultimate Bet had yet another incident where someone hacked into the site and was able to program their computers to see the hole cards of opponents. When I heard that, I pulled my funds out of there.

I didn’t do it because I felt I could be getting cheated. I don’t think cheaters on that level bother to play poker at my stake level. I did it because I was afraid a rush of withdraws would break UB’s bank. It didn’t as I got my money quickly.

But I left $9.02 in the account there. I have decided that starting July 1, 2010 – I will attempt to build that account back up. After June 30, 2011, let’s see what I have.

Now, I won’t be playing UB or this challenge exclusively. I am a PokerStars man and play there the most by far. I do pick up an occasional tourney at Full Tilt and Cake Poker. So it is not like I will be on a mission on this “challenge” or anything.

But I will post and track my UB action on the blog. Also, I will guarantee $9 of action every month. I will be at the tables for $9 of rake and/or tournament entry – minimum – every single month. So sitting on the money is not an option.

Look for the results on the right side of the blog somewhere. It’s a risk to my ego as my results will be public – win or lose. But what the heck?

Who’s shouting out and betting on Faldo to be successful in this? ..............I hear only crickets.

4 comments:

golfpresident said...

Maybe you could do this, if you're betting against me on the golf course.

pre01 said...

Go for it, Nik! Playing tourneys or low limit cash games?

Nik Faldo said...

The plan is to play 1 or 2 table SNG's and ring play. Whatever I am up after the $9 of action, half will go towards a multi-table tourney.
Like if I am up $2.50, I will play in one $1.10 tourney to try and move the cash up.

Nik Faldo said...

Thanks for the support Pre!