Monday, June 21, 2010

Theedouble*d Makes a Final Table in Re-buy at PokerStars

From DD:

“It has been awhile since i made a final table in a big one at PokerStars.

Should have probably strung out this final table for awhile to draw more money. But one guy to my right had a half mill in chips and pushed at me holdin AJ on the button. I just knew he was playiny chip bully and was sure I had him beat. Sure enough he had KJ. The K came on the turn.

I still need to improve my tourney strategy. Even if I knew I was ahead, I need to consider not playing there. I need less focus on each hand. Bobbin and weavin til 4th could of got me $1500 more. SIGH.

Not overly happy being the 1st to die at final table, but very happy with my play. I got in in consistently with the best hand. I was 2nd in chips approaching the final table, but just before we went to 9, I got my KK flushed by a guy who called my huge raises pre and post flop with Ac8c.

This marathon started at 4:35pm and ended for me at 1:00am. Paid the full four add-ons to play, and made 20 times that for my ninth place finish.
Also cashed for in an even higher priced re-buy that started near the same time – and made 4 times my entry.

Gee, I sure love/hate this game. LOL” – DD

Great job Theedouble*d!

No comments: