Friday, June 11, 2010

On the Road Again....Life as a Traveling Poker Player

You think it is all glamour and excitement, but it is not. Life on the road can be painful, scary and difficult.

The trip started smoothly enough. Down to Philadelphia and out to the west and into the mountains. Yes, I could heard the banjos playing, but it sounded different with the Amish playing them. Their beards probably would tickle your back, but I digress.

I hit contruction on a two lane road out in Nowhere'sville. One of those deals where they stop one side so the other can use like 5 miles of road? Takes forever. Mental note: leave plenty early for the flight out. Construction AND Philly rush hour traffic could equal missed flight.

Anyway, finally pass thru what could actually pass for a town (more than one light and a McDonald's). I stop at Taco Bell for a bean burrito and a taco as a quick "eat as I drive" lunch. Got to my destination's hotel room, prepared for tomorrow's meetings and went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner.

I then settled in for the evening's tournament and SNG action when...the stomach cramps started.

Whether it was the Taco Bell's non-Michigan Pennsylvania meat (Michigan has the toughest meat standards in the country), or the fish or the salad dressing at Ruby Tuesdays - I don't know. But it was a good thing I withdrew from the tourney before leaving my poker seat for a new one, because I was there a while.

I remember thinkging..."Boy, I should be hungry for breakfast in the morning now that dinner is leaving so suddenly."

To be continued...whether you like it or not.

3 comments:

Matchy said...

I always knew I wanted to travel as little as possible for work. I do not envy hotel nights and fast food/Ruby Tuesday meals.
Homebody Matchy

Anonymous said...

My vote is for the croutons. Who likes eating stale bread anyway?
Pre01

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is all the man love you are giving that is upsetting your stomach.

beerhog