Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ThePunk75 and T3chlady Make NPP Proud!

Lady’s first:

T3chlady first finishes 8th in a 180 person tourney on PokerStars.

Then, she follows that up with winning a seat to the Mini FTOPS event #10 on Full Tilt Poker in an 80 player SNG. Nice. I will let her tell the tale of the FTOPS:

“I made a move with 12000 in chips when the blinds were 500/1000. They go up pretty fast. Anyway I was eliminated at about 6000 out of 18000 when my 99 lost against KK.

I was playing well and they paid from position 2100 up. I could have sat back, I suppose, but I would have been seriously short stacked unless I started getting some premium hands (and it wasn’t a premium hand kind of afternoon).

I’m disappointed but I will go for it again soon.” - Jean

Now, from the Punk and his finish in the PokerStars ‘Outlast the Pro’s Tourney’

“Daniel Negreanu, Elky, Chris Moneymaker, and Dennis Phillips got nothing on me last night. Well mainly because I wasn’t at their tables. I played in the Outlast the Pro's tournament last night and finished 13th. I could smell the final table but the usual PokerStars shenanigans eventually caught up to me. Some highlights.

Early on played sparingly, picking my spots to chip up, and gradually building my stack. Got my chips in with the best hand, seems like I had AK vs AJ all night. My first major chip up was a mistake by a chip leader he mis-clicked and raised nearly my whole stack, I was in BB with AK, I re-raised all in, and he had to call. He had A2. That got me deep into the leaderboard.

My KK vs AK got me into the top ten. When we got to about 25 players left I had a mega triple up MY AA vs QQ vs AQ. That got me into the top 3 and a commanding chip stack to make it to the FT. But, of course PS had other plans for me.

Down to two tables, I ran into the fish that refused to fold to my re-raises on flop and turn eventually getting all his chips in on the turn with his flush draw to my top pair. The flush hit on river and I lost half my stack. That put me on monkey tilt and I raised UTG with KJ and the BB re-raised all in with AK, I had him covered, but another chunk was lost. I had gone from top 3 in chips to one of the short stacks.

Luckily I still had enough that my AIPF had some weight to them and I could steal the blinds and chip back up into decent shape. I got a double up my A9 vs QQ. I made a straight on the turn. Soon after that I raised all in pre-flop with AK but of course I ran into AA, and it was over on the flop as QQQ hit.

Ended up in 13th place, a 15x my buy-in cash, plus the bonus paid by PS for outlasting all of their pros.” - Punk

Very nice job to both of you! And thanks for the news.

4 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

Winners bracket match set:
Tuesday 9:00pm K9isadog vs Wingsfancurt
#222121819

Anonymous said...

Actually you had one out still w/ the QQQ on the flop. :)

bh

Nik Faldo said...

Another winners bracket set:
#222231328 Dec 20 21:00 Boother36 vs Derf-63.

Also, at the same time as K9 and Curt are battling:
#222251389 21:00 T3chlady vs ThePunk75

And don't forget the NPP Championship at 8pm tonight!!!

BigBri said...

Good luck to everyone tonight at the NPP Championship match, gonna be a tight one....twss.