Wednesday, July 22, 2009

LittleRedElf Wins His 6th NPP Tourney of 2009

To put LRE’s six wins in perspective, nobody else has won more than two this year! In other words, he is destroying a pretty tough field on a regular basis. And he does it while playing in other tourneys on PokerStars at the same time (like last night!).

Twenty players competed, including a new member – Douche_Splat. Also returning were Greggst49 and Whilden. Welcome Douche and welcome back Greg and Mike.

On to the action:

9 min: Gotbug (20th) had a rough night all the way around. First his internet connection was not working well. Then his (88) gets beat by Sirgash’s (Ah Kh). Severely short stacked (SS) he moves in with (AT) and sees that get beat by Douche_Splat and his (96) and a [9] on the flop.

Sometimes it’s not your night.

25 min: TresStooges (19th) sees his flush get crushed by ThePunk75’s full house.

27 min: Kensik (18th) raises and gets called by Douche_Splat and Wingsfancurt. The flop is [6h 9s 7s]. Kensik bets the pot with (AA) and only Wingsfancurt calls with (5d 4d) and an open ended straight draw. The turn [9c] gets checked and all the money goes in when an [8] hits the river.

41 min: Derf-63 (17th) moves all in with (Q6) and a flop of [6QK] (79%). When called by Kaytdid (AA) (11%) and Greggst49 (AK) (9%), Derf is stylin’. That didn’t last long as runner-runner [22] gives Kay the pot.

Another crazy night of cards happened tonight and I can’t even begin to record, tell and explain every one of them. The length of the tourney will have to show the ‘back and forth’ rocking of the stacks tonight – with the underdogs winning much more than their share of hands.

44 min: A SS Wingsfancurt (16th) gets in with (5s 3s) when he likes the flop of [QT3]. But Douge2 is holding (AA).

58 min: Whilden (15th) moves AIPF with (Ah Th) but can’t run down ThePunk75’s (88).

1st Break:
ThePunk75 5840 (two weeks in a row chip leader at break)
Douche_Splat 3870
LittleRedElf 3730 (two weeks in a row in 3rd at the break)
Greggst49 2745
T3chlady 2310
K9isadog 1840
Akensi 1640
Douge2 1485
Mikeniks-Faldo 1410 (900th week in a row – no chips at break)
Kaytdid 1215
Tigercub8189 1160
Sirgash 1040
Davethedog 945
Funtoon 770

62 min: Tigercub8189 (14th) goes out and I missed it involved in an all-in hand on my table to survive.

65 min: Sirgash (13th) moves AIPF with (AK) and runs into LittleRedElf’s (LRE) (TT).

67 min: Davethedog (12th) calls Mikeniks-Faldo’s AIPF with (AA) (81%) and I can only turn over (33) (19%). But my [3] hits on the flop. Usually I am on the other end of these. Tonight I hit a couple of these to stay alive.

70 min: A SS Kaytdid (11th) moves AIPF with (A9) and runs intoThePunk75’s (AQ).

75 min: Funtoon (10th) bubbles on points (two weeks in a row) but I missed the hand surviving another all-in and reporting another beggar at the table.

The beggar was Chief Payne and I told him, not only was I not giving him $5, but he was not getting his country back either! Get it? Indian chief? Not getting their country back? I kill me!

100 min: Twenty-five minutes of battling as the final table is a slugfest! Not only was great poker played by all, but some trash talk started – all in good fun of course!

The chips were flying around and stacks were going up and down as short stacks survived multiple time!

Finally, Douche_Splat (9th) goes with (Kc Jc) and is called by Douge2 with (AK). Great job Douche, pointing in your first NPP tourney. This is not done too often.

110 min: Akensi (8th) makes a move with (TT) and is called by LRE (AT) and ThePunk75 (44) and LRE hits his [A] on the river. What else is new?

120 min: Poor K9isadog (7th) got no nub here. First he calls with (JJ), Mikeniks-Faldo who was AIPF with (33) only to see me hit my [3] AGAIN on the flop! Wow! This stuff was going on at the final table all night.

K9’s final AIPF with (KJ) runs into Greggst49’s (AJ). Ouch!

I guess you could say I screwed both dogs with crabs! (Davethedog and K9isadog with 33)

2nd Break: My bad. I missed getting the chip counts at the 2nd break. Sorry.

ThePunk75
LittleRedElf
Douge2
Greggst49
T3chlady
Mikeniks-Faldo

123 min: ThePunk75 (6th) tries to flush with (Qh 9h) and a flop of [5h Kh 3d], but misses and Douge2’s (KQ) holds up. LRE runs down ThePunk for the last time as he runner-runner’s a straight to beat ThePunk’s pair.

133 min: Craziness here as Mikeniks-Faldo sees his (AA) lose to a shorter-stacked T3chlady’s (99) with a rivered [9]. But I return the favor the very next hand as my AIPF call with (88) of T3’s all-in with (AK) flops quads! I get my chips back!

145 min: Confession time. Mikeniks-Faldo (5th) got outplayed by Greggst49 all night long. He got so many of my chips, even though I was winning hands – both regular and lucky – I always seemed short-stacked as I bled them off the Greg.

It was only fitting that my panic AIPF with (Qs 7s) is called by Greg with (Ah Qh) and I don’t catch up. Great job Greg!
152 min: A SS T3chlady calls AIPF with (Js Ts) (33%) only to see Douge2 turn over (AT) (66%). The Lady rivers a [J] on Doug.
Now a SS Douge2 (4th) bubbles on the cash and he goes with (8h 4h) and finds – who else – LRE holding (A3).

153 min: The pain continues as Greggst49 (3rd) calls an all-in with (K9) (62%) and a flop of [5d 6d Kc] and is thrilled to see T3chlady only has a flush draw (Td 4d) (38%). The Lady hits it on the river and Greg is now the low man.

154 min: Greg goes with (6c 5c), but – who else – LRE is holding (KQ).

Heads up: T3chlady 18000 - LRE 12000

156 min: LRE’s (AJ) beats the Lady’s (A2).

158 min: A SST3chlady (2nd) correctly moves all-in with (Ac 6h) (64%) and LRE calls with (Td 9s) and – who else - LRE hits a spade four-flush on the river to end the night.

Congratulations to LRE as he continues to dominate this league!

1st – LittleRedElf
2nd – T3chlady
3rd – Greggst49
4th – Douge2
5th – Mikeniks-Faldo
6th – ThePunk75
7th – K9isadog
8th – Akensi
9th – Douche_Splat (1st NPP appearance!)

Standings are on the right side of the blog.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for welcoming me to the league. I enjoyed the tough competition and look forward to next weeks tournament. Good game to everyone and congratulations to the money placers.

DOUCHE_SPLAT

Matchy said...

Who the heck is the hottie in the black dress? Even a Miller Lite drinker like me thinks she is HAWT!

BigBriMar said...

Matchy,
Faldos' been hounding me for a picture of my wife, I didn't know he would post it. :(

Nik Faldo said...

Matchy, that is a nightie, not a dress. But you could not know that since your wife sleeps naked. Whoops!

And Mar, she looks lovely in the nightie I bought her while you were watching Brokeback Mt. with Davethedog and Beerhog.

Douche, welcome aboard!

BigBriMar said...

That reminds me Faldo, I'll return your "Special Edition" copy of Brokeback Mtn. the next time I'm in the area. If your not home, I'll give it to your wife. :)

TWSS