Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nixi44 Wins Her 1st NPP Tourney – Beating the Biggest NPP Field Ever!

I think it was revenge against the guys – especially your host – for the married couple golf joke I posted. My bad - not that I learned my lesson or anything.

Nixi44 becomes the 2nd woman (Nahanni74 the other) to win here at NPP. Guys, we didn’t lose to a beginner. Like Nahanni, this lady can play. Remember she won the Heads Up tourney in December 2008 to close out the year!

A BIG welcome to our new players; MJMorrison, Smookie27 and TheHaacker – with a welcome back to Bighousea2!

We set a new attendance record as 27 players play tonight – beating the old record by three – and we almost beat it by five! On to the action:

2 min: Kensik (27th) got knocked out by tonight’s biggest killer, as you will soon see, Rjmech. I could not see the hand with a record 4 tables going, and this quick knockout prevented the late arriving Addictedtoem and Whilden from joining in.

23 min: RKidder51400 (26th) was next and I could not see who did it.

25 min: Suetman1 (25th) had her (AJ) run into Rjmech and his (QQ). He is only getting started folks.

35 min: Acesovru (24th) is next out. No info.

36 min: Akensi (23rd) had her (KK) run into Smookie27’s (AA). I so do hate when that happens.

45 min: I missed Umichpoker (22rd) and her ‘No Poker Stars Nub’ night.
46 min: Ditto for a tired, overworked and stressed out Tigercub8189 (21nd)

48 min: Sirgash (20th) was having a rough night running into set vs set early in the evening. His (AT) does not improve against Mikeniks-Faldo’s (66).

49 min: While playing the last hand, I failed to see Douge2 (19th) go out.

56 min: The Poker Stars Break Monster begins his work. Bighousea2 (18th) does not get his (KJ) to improve against Absea98’s (88).

58 min: MJMorrison (17th) cannot get his (AQ) to pass Theedouble*d’s (99). The smaller pairs holding on tonight – until the LAST hand of course. But I am whining way ahead of time.

59 min: While watching the previous hand, I fail to see McGuiness007’s (16th) Break Monster demise.

Break:
Rjmech 6627
Theedouble*d 5820
Smookie27 5510
ThePunk75 3400
LittleRedElf 3360
Nixi44 2355
Nahanni74 2180
Crackbuyer 2115
Absea98 1978
GvSu2009 1660
Rennzzo 1405
Mikeniks-Faldo 1355
Biglou93 1330
Hlam14 880
TheHaacker 525

60 min: We open the 2nd hour with a three-way all-in fest. Poor Hlam14 (15th) of course puts his short-stack in with (KK) – only to see Mikeniks-Faldo move (AA) as does Rjmech (99). My top pair hang on – for once.

67 min: The short-stacked TheHaacker (14th) tries with (A5) and Biglou93 calls from the blind with (Jd 3d) and hits two pair.

75 min: GvSu2009 (13th) has to try with (AJ) but Thedouble*d calls with (KT) and hits a [T] on the flop.

86 min: Biglou93 (12th) takes a tough beat as his (Ac Tc) gets run down by ThePunk75’s (A9) as an [A9x] appears on the flop.

88 min: Short-stacked Absea98 (11th) has to go with (8s7s) and runs into Rjmesh with (As 4s). That is three he has taken out that I have seen and is not done yet!

103 min: The point bubble spot – usually reserved for Faldo – is taken by Crackbuyer (10th), who bluffs with (Q2) and is called by Rjmech with (44). That’s four knockouts for RJ! This starts an avalanche of action!

104 min: Point Leader Rennzzo (9th) is next to go just as the final table arrives and I miss the hand.

105 min: A shorter stacked Nahanni74 (8th) goes all-in with (77) and is called by Theedouble*d with (AQ) and an [A] spikes on the river.

107 min: New player Smookie27 (7th) tries it with (AQ) and cannot overtake Rjmech with (99). That is five victims by RJ, but a nice run for the 1st timer at NPP, Smookie27. We got another good one in the NPP stable!

116 min: The smoke cleared for a little while before ThePunk75 (6th) moved all-in and put Mikeniks-Faldo into tank mode. Both of us on the shorter side of the chip count with about equal stacks in the 4th-5th area, with me holding the slightly bigger one in the big blind with (AT).

I put him on AK, KQ or a small pair – and I knew the small pairs had held up all night against over cards. I honestly decided it was a small pocket pair he held and was hoping they were ‘due to lose’ a coin flip to over cards – and it was coin flip time. He had (Kc Jc) - which put me in better shape than I thought – until the flop. [T2K]

Ouch! But an [A] spiked on the river putting the ‘ouch’ on The Punk. Sorry there Punk. I know “Nothing is due but the rent and taxes,” but I felt it was time to gamble.

2nd Break:
Rjmech 11280
Mikeniks-Faldo 10310
Theedouble*d 9830
LittleRedElf 5670
Nixi44 3410

121 min: Everyone attacking Faldo right after the break. The ever dangerous LittleRedElf (5th) – who won a Razz tourney on Poker Stars while kicking our butts at NPP at the same time! (incredible!) – raises from the button or SB.

I have (Ah Kh) in the SB or BB and re-raise all-in hoping he does not have the pocket pair I think he does. I am hoping they are small enough for him to fold but (TT) is not. But I hit a [K] on the flop. Faldo getting NUB down the stretch, which you just have to have against this group.

I too play multiple tourneys and multiple games too LittleRedElf….only unsuccessfully.

131 min: The ever aggressive Rjmech (4th) tries a move with (J7) and finds a dance partner in Theedouble*d with (33) and the pairs hold up AGAIN! Nice run though RJ.

132 min: No time to bask in that hand victory as Theedouble*d (3rd) tries it with (KQ) against Nixi44 holding (AJ).

134 min: Mikeniks-Faldo (2nd) just captured Nixi44’s 27900 – 12600 chip lead on me at the heads up time. I was preparing to write down where we would be at the 135 min mark when I go all-in with (66) expecting a quick fold.

Nixi instead calls with (K8) and spikes a [K] on the flop! Congratulations to Nixi44 on her first NPP win!

1st – Nixi44 20 points
2nd – Mikeniks-Faldo 14 pts
3rd – Theedouble*d 10 pts
4th – Rjmech 7 pts
5th – LittleRedElf 5 pts
6th – The Punk75 4 pts
7th – Smookie27 3 pts
8th – Nahanni74 2 pts
9th – Rennzzo 1 pt

League standings on the right side of the blog!

5 comments:

Nik Faldo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nik Faldo said...

Well darn, now everyone will wonder what I wrote originally.

I was going to tease that the girls in the picture were our NPP women players - but alas we have seven lady players and there are only four in the pic.

I need to find a pic with seven chicks if I want to do that.

Anonymous said...

Hello gents, hello ladies

at first i want to say thank you for the nice welcome in you leauge, i really enjoyed the evening (here in Germany the night) with you!

Congrats to Nixi44 for the victory, also to Nik and Theedouble*d who cashed.

In the future i'll try to play with/against you as often as possible (as my roster allowed).

So I'm looking forward to see (some of) you tonight or at the latest next week.

Have a nice day and please apologize my bad english ;)

Greetings from Wuppertal-Germany
Marc / Smookie27

Scot said...

WTG Nixi!! Man, I wish I was in that one.. or maybe not.

I will be back in action next week.

Anonymous said...

That was indeed a NICE WIN! I'm glad I was able to make a stand going against the BIG STACKS! LoL I'm happy I made it that far! Great game guys!

(Great heads up Nik)