Thursday, February 19, 2009

Faldo Wins Wednesday MI Forum Tourney

When it is rolling - it's rolling. A 1st and a 2nd - back to back for Faldo.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was mired in a slump that seemed endless. It wasn't of course, but as that college commercial says "The mind is a terrible thing! We must eliminate it in our time!" Something like that.

Well, my mind's attitude at the time was a terrible thing. I was wondering why I could not catch a break (when I thought I should 'zig', I should have 'zagged') or some cards. Of course now I am getting both.

The best advice I can give - which I am pounding into my own head now from the up side as I had tried from the down side - is you are never as bad as you think you are when you are when you are in a slump; and you are never as good as you think you are when you are on a streak. That goes for golf, softball, etc.

I bested 20 players (see MI Poker Forum and scroll down this blog), many of them NPP regulars, for my 1st win in that league.

The highlight of the tourney was a 10-15 minute heads up battle - back and forth - between Faldo and Whilden, before an incredible run of cards enabled me to win it.

Even so, the talented "Sir" Whilden and Nixi44's 'understudy', Sirgash, have a strangle hold for the Wednesday 1st Round Tourney title.

Sirgash has to win - and if he does, then Whilden has to finish at least 4th to still edge Sirgash out. All us NPP players should tune in (and play) for this one!

As for me, two weeks ago I needed someone to pull me off the ledge. Now I need someone to pull me out of the clouds! But that is poker - pure and simple.

3 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

I am placing the credit for my good luck streak completely on the 'legs' of my four good luck charms sitting below the NPP chips!

Anonymous said...

Great job last night Faldo! I'm so glad you took Whilden down to his knees! LOL Next week should be an interesting game. The battle for the 1st MI Poker Forum trophy!

I'm beginning to like our winning streak. Last night, after the league game I had jumped in teh 180player tourney and took 4th. let's keep our heads in the clouds. We float will together :) I'll let you take 2nd again next week. /wink

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking whilden down Nik...leave me a small chance on wednesday to win it all:) Great game!!