Thursday, November 20, 2008

How About an NPP Heads-Up Tournament on PS?

Nahanni writes into NPP headquarters with this idea:

“Can we do a heads-up bracket tournament for the first 16 RSVP’s between Dec. 17 and the start of the new league? Like the heads up NBC Championship? Here is what I am thinking…

[Ed. Note: Not responsible for the content of women thinking or the damage wrought by same]
  • First 16 who send in email to npokerp at yahoo get in.
  • Faldo draws 4 bracket (named by the suits) with 4 people per bracket and posts it on the site.
  • People comment on the site to each other to schedule their match. Faldo makes tourney on PS and emails the passwords to the players for the match.
  • As the matches get completed, Faldo updates with a new post. Players are responsible for reading the site and the correct post.
  • Faldo has forfeit power for lack of response or delay of play – even if he is in tourney. (heh-heh-heh!)
  • Final should try to be completed before new league season begins.

Comment if you would like to try this. We can go the first 8 or 4 or 2? 32?

Maybe Michele and UMichPoker can promote this one too to draw more players. – Faldo.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an absolutely fabulous idea! Genius whomever thought this up!

Anonymous said...

hahahha...that last post was from me. count me in even if there is only 1 other person who wants to play.

and just for that misogynist remark, Faldo, you are are playing heads-up with me whether or not we do this.

;)

Matchy said...

Faldo made a misogynist remark, I did not know he was an expert on female reproductive organs! That would explain the stirrups down in his basement, right next to the fishing rods.

Anonymous said...

Count me in.

Boother

Nik Faldo said...

I went to a misogynist parlor once. But the misogynist touched me everywhere but where I really wanted her to.
I even cleared my throat and pointed a few times...but nope!
What a rip off.

Anonymous said...

LOL....you are killing me faldo...


i think misogynist has something to do w/ the he'mans woman haters club. is that right buckwheat?


bhog

Anonymous said...

winter is here. i just turned my dish washer into a snowblower..




i bought my wife a shovel!

bh

Anonymous said...

What in the hell is this "nahanni" doing our of the kitchen?

She should be more concerned about her weekly weigh-in for her husband/boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

sounds like somebody is scared. That's ok, I'd be scared too if I had to play myself heads-up.

Anonymous said...

go ahead nahanni. tee it up for me.



bh

Matchy said...

I'll play

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving,

Please do not call the MSP to let them know my family is coming back to Mich this week.

Herbavor

Unknown said...

can i join?
buyin?

Nik Faldo said...

Hi Dustin. The Buy-in will be $5.25 a round probably. Poker Stars only charges .25 for a heads up match. If I can get it lower I will! It's all about the bragging rights here.

If you want into the Heads Up Tourney or the league Dustin, you need to send an email to npokerp at yahoo dot com.

Give me you PokerStars handle, city shown, your real name and phone number. This is so I can contact you in case of a password change or other issue. Then you are in!

Anonymous said...

DUSTIN,

WHILE YOU ARE AT IT. POST YOUR SS#, ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD # WITH EXPIRATION DATE AND SECURITY CODE. AND YOUR MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME NEVER HURTS......

Nik Faldo said...

Someone got up on the wrong side of the Anonymous bed this morning.
Ok Dustin, Anon has a point. Forget the phone number, but go ahead and email me that other stuff.

No, not what Anonymous said. Don't email that. No.

Post it right here on the blog instead. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Anonymous said...

I will play:)

Unknown said...

U already have my info from earlier league correct.

Nik Faldo said...

I have your info Dustin! Do you want in the Heads up tourney? Let me know on a later post than this one please!
We have a consolation tourney this evening.

Unknown said...

I won. Who's Next? /wink*
Nixi