Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rennzzo Wins His First NPP Tourney!

Nine players made it to the NPP virtual felt this evening. A good turnout for a cool summer night after Memorial Day weekend. And we crowned a new champ!

The players did notice a slower pace to tonight’s game as compared to last week’s free for all. On to the recap:

10 min: I think I (Faldo) missed a chance to get BigLou out early as I hit a King’s over full house and didn’t see it. I was talking to my wife and trying to answer an email while starting this tourney – so I will use that as an excuse. But he raised me with his Eight’s over full house and I only called with what I thought was two pair!

Would you have called an all-in, Lou?

26 min: Beerhog gets crippled when his (K8) hits a flop of [3JK]. I had bet and got called by Duder and Hog. The turn is a [K] and I bet 3 times the blind; get raised 7 times the blind by Beerhog, and we get raised 18 times the blind by Duder! I type – WTF!, and fold my (AK). Beerhog did not fold and got to see Duder’s (JJ) and full house.

39 min: A rare double elimination (and I think Rownder did the last one too). The short-stacked Beerhog (9th) gets all-in with (77) and likewise for Tigercub (8th) with (Ad 2d). They both go out as Rownder’s (AK) spikes an [A] on the turn.

55 min: BigLou (7th) makes a bluff move with (KJ) and a board of [853], but Duder is holding (87) and he gets a [7] on the turn for good measure.

Break:
ArcticBlast 3440
Duder 3255
Rennzzo 2900
Mikeniks (Faldo) 2040
Rownder 1315
Aqualung 550

65 min: Aqualung’s bad luck held off one hand as his (Kc 9c) hit a flush against Rownder’s (AQ) to keep him alive. Then the action heats up!

70 min: Duder cripples ArcticBlast by hitting a flush.

71 min: ArcticBlast (6th) has to go all-in with (Jd 5d) and is called by Rennzzo with (K3) and a [K] comes on the flop anyway.

72 min: Aqualung (5th) goes all-in with (KT) and me (Faldo) (KJ) and Rennzzo (A5) dutifully call. Rennzzo’s Ace wins the pot.

73 min: Rownder (4th) goes all-in with (KJ) and is called by Rennzzo with (KQ). Rennzzo hits a [Q] on the flop to end Rownder’s night.

Yes, that is Rennzzo taking out three players in three minutes! But now the struggle begins. A nice three way battle begins.

75 min: Faldo survives an (Ah 7h) all-in against a call by Duder with (98). The board went like this: [6 9 Jh] [8h] [5] – and I survive with the straight.

80 min: I get healthier as my (JJ) holds up against Rennzzo’s (KJ). The way he was slaughtering players, I was worried the whole time – even against a three outer. I make a little run in the next 7 minutes to climb to 2nd place in chips!

84 min: Rennzzo gets crippled as his (KK) gets run down by Duder’s (AQ) with an [A] on the turn. But he recovers with the hand of the night.

88 min: Discussion time on how this hand was played. So many options – which is why we love this game.

Blinds 100-200, 25 ante; SB Rennzzo 2800 chips, BB Duder 5500 chips, Dealer Faldo 5200 chips.

I (Faldo) make it 1000 to go with (AQ). Rennzzo goes-all in and Duder calls. What to do? I think fold is the correct play here, but I called. All-in would have been silly.

I figured I double the chance to take at least 2nd and for some reason my gut told me to call. My gut lied to me. Go figure. My gut made me fold to a stone cold well played bluff by Rennzzo earlier. Got to love my card reading ability - not!

The flop comes [TT9] rainbow and Duder and I check. The turn is the [J] completing the rainbow and Duder bets 1000!

He better have (TT) if he is going to bet here in my opinion. Wait for the river if you can’t lose. I know it is poker and he wants to make a side pot, but only an idiot would call here unless he has you beat. I'm an idiot.

I should have folded, but I did have a gut shot straight and if I pair the Ace I could win it all here also. I didn’t think anyone had a T or 9, but I knew the J was live and I was behind. I called and hoped for my card. What was I thinking??? This is me and Poker Stars for crying out loud!

The river is a [2] and Duder bets 1600. Even though the pot is huge, I have to believe him now. Wish I had those 1000 chips back as I muck.

Rennzzo has the higher two-pair (AAJJ) over Duder’s (JJTT) and takes the chip lead! I’m now back where I started in distant 3rd.

We continue to battle for quite a while as I keep winning a hand at the last minute. I did get some alligator blood hands from Poker Stars to stay alive.

107 min: Duder (3rd) finally goes all-in with (AK) and a flop of [A68], but the player killer Rennzzo has (66). Tough lose there for last week's champ.

I (Mikeniks-Faldo) limp into second place and Rennzzo wins his first NPP Tourney! Welcome to the Walk of Fame Rennzzo!

Don't look now, but another horse is making a run at the 2nd quarter seat!

1st – Rennzzo 22 pts
2nd – Mikeniks (Faldo) (22 pts)
3rd – Duder 26 pts
4th – Rownder 30 pts
5th – Aqualung (7 pts)
6th – ArcticBlast 16 pts
7th – BigLou 26 pts
8th – Tigercub 21 pts
9th – Beerhog 7 pts
Nahanni 26 pts
Boother 14 pts
Doneill 11 pts
Sev4TSev 3 pts
McGuiness 3 pts

Total points race on the side of the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women's Ass Size Study

There is a new study just released by the Canadian Psychiatric Association about women and how they feel about their asses. The results are pretty shocking:

1. Only 5% of women surveyed feel their ass is too big.

2. 10% of women surveyed feel their ass is too small.

3. The remaining 85% say they don't care; they love him; he's a good man and they would have married him anyway.

Anonymous said...

zylvzA husband and wife are shopping in their local Wal-Mart store and the husband picks up a case of Budweiser and puts it in their shopping�cart.

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the wife.'

They're on sale, only $10 for 24 cans,' he replies.'
'Put them back, we can't afford them,' demands the wife, and so they carry on shopping.

A few aisles further on along the woman picks up a $20 jar of face cream and puts it in the shopping cart

'What do you think you're doing?' asks the husband.

'Its my face cream. It makes me look beautiful,' replies the wife.

Her husband retorts: 'So does 24 cans of Budweiser, and its half the price.'