Saturday, May 10, 2008

Faldo Donks Off His Chips the Next Tourney at the Monte Carlo

I don't know why it started but I know when. Actually, I know why too. And I will fix it tomorrow. I should have fixed this leak in my game before, burt sometimes it takes a kick in the teeth ...and looking like a donk in Las Vegas to bring it home.

I will represent us better tomorrow.

My next stop was the Monte Carlo and another $50 buy-in and another $10 got you another $1000, and who wasn't taking that? My son Bronco and my nephew JW are playing also. 27 players enter.

It is a beautiful poker room with HD TV's on the wall for sports. But none had a tournament clock operating. Everything was handled the old fashion way - on a call out from the tournament director. Very strange considering how classy the room is.

I never did get the payouts. I was not there that long.

Here is when I became a donk. Two limpers come in before me on hand 3 and I find (87) in middle position. I decide to much and the flop comes [864] A a small bet and 5 callers. The turn is a [5] - naturally. I folded. Another small bet and a standard raise, and four callers!

The river is a [K] with three all-ins and my straight would have taken it down as trip 4's did. Huge pot and I got none. GRRRR - but no problem - it's early.

2 hands later - (JT) one from under the gun. UTG calls and I muck. Six callers - flop [JJ6]. Action and bets with a [T] on the river. Another monster is not mine!

Button (Ks Qs), raise four callers and they all call. Flop [Ad 5d 4d] and two call a good bet and I have to fold.

Late middle position with [99], raise again and the same woman that raised me out of the last hand I played goes all-in. I muck it.

I am officially starting to tilt as every move I make or don't make is wrong. Not that I am playing badly, but my attitude and confidence is starting to slide.

Now I am medium low in chips. One lap later in middle position, I enter first with a raise with (Kd Td). This same woman raises double and I am the only caller. Maybe a re-raise here gets me the pot - maybe.

The flop is [KKJ]. I bet half of what I have hoping to win it here. I hope she wants to fold any straight draw or smaller pair. She calls. The turn is a [Q]. Now the straight is out there.

I check but I think I have to call her bet. She checks too. Maybe my small pair read is correct and now I think maybe I missed my chance to take the pot. The river is a [2]. Safe enough.

I check hoping my trips win but she goes all-in. Straight? Or did she have (KJ) from the jump or did the [Q] turn give her the boat? I still have chips left although not much. I can't think of a single hand I can beat unless she is on a pure bluff - and a bluff attempt would be silly considering how short stacked I am.

I want to fold, but my hand shoves the rest of my chips in and she does have (KQ).

My nephew whispers, "What a cooler!" But was it?

Or did I misplay the hand on every street and then simply throw the rest of my chips away?

I have to quit letting past results in hands upset my judgement later in the tourney. I should be past this point by now, but I have not been.

I will be tomorrow.

No comments: